Zayta

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Zayta

Post by TheMaverick »

lape0019 wrote:
If you want to try something different, 13 fishing gets awesome reviews for the price. The omen is under your budget but if you look at their reviews, they seem to have quite the following.
Isn't the shipping expensive on rods? I've never ordered any so I wouldn't know.
Jimmy_1 wrote:Hey Adam

I was looking between $180-$250 (max)
Toping at $250 I think you'll get a very capable, sensitive rod that will suit your needs.
Best advice I can give you in regards to rods, Is to handle them in store, some rods will be top heavy some won't feel right in your hand depending on the reels seats\handle.

You could easily spend an 1hr at Paddletales playing around with many rods to chose from, you wouldn't regret the trip.
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
biggs
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by biggs »

American Legacy has free shipping to Canada but I`m not sure how much customs etc would be.
I wish there was a 13 Fishing dealer in the area as I am very close to pulling the trigger on a few maybe, SAIL carries the ice stuff but I am not interested in the ice stuff!
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

Is'nt 13 a unlucky number! :wink:
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Thanks for the replies lads.

I was all excited to possibly get out this week to fish!
I had 1 closet left to mud, tape and sand! On Saturday one of the areas I like to wet a line was wide open.

This AM she is frozen shut on the drive in..... :?

I got some time off coming up and will make the drive to Paddletales me thinks to have a looksie at these rods. I guess I have more time to choose a good flipping/pitching rod now.

Less than 40 days to go and I take some mini-pat leave also.
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

Jimmy_1 wrote:Thanks for the replies lads.

I got some time off coming up and will make the drive to Paddletales me thinks to have a looksie at these rods. I guess I have more time to choose a good flipping/pitching rod now.
Let us know when you plan on going down. We could meet you there and have a few laughs. 8)
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

StarTzar wrote:
Jimmy_1 wrote:Thanks for the replies lads.

Let us know when you plan on going down. We could meet you there and have a few laughs. 8)
X2.

I also recomend bringing the reel you plan on using for balance purposes.

When you get out there, Ed will more than likely have a few recommendations of his own as well. When you finally decide on what you want, post it here so we know! :)
cndbasshunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cndbasshunter »

here is a great interview to listen too...

http://www.spreaker.com/user/4639030/ga ... ournaments
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

^^^ Image
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!