Daiwa Lexa, Procyon and Ballistic

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
crwalker1987
Participant
Participant

Daiwa Lexa, Procyon and Ballistic

Post by crwalker1987 »

Hey guys,

Does anyone own/operate any of these? I picked up the ballistic at Le baron the other day and it felt phenominal. I actually liked the feel of it better than the CI4. anyone have any thought on these? I was looking up the max drag on them and it seems to be close to 9 lbs. How big of a deal is it to have something with 15lbs of drag opposed to 9 lbs. Thanks guys.

Cheers,

Chris
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Daiwa Lexa, Procyon and Ballistic

Post by lape0019 »

If you are not opposed to ordering online, the regular T3 is on clearance at Tacklewarehouse for $215.00 from $430 (the ballistic is the base model of this reel)

I was set to order one because of the smoking deal, but received a Chronarch ci4+ for Xmas so I don't need it right now. As a side not, I am really impressed with the ch150 ci4+ and look forward to trying it out this summer. I talked to Biggs a lot about the T3 and the t-wing system and he had nothing bad to say about it.

I am all for supporting local vendors, but that is a hard deal to pass up.

Adam
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Tackletour also has some great write ups on the T3, Ballistic, and Lexa if I remember correctly. ( I know for sure about the t3 and Ballistic)
crwalker1987
Participant
Participant

Post by crwalker1987 »

Sorry should of specified spinning reels
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Lol,

Not a problem Chris,

I only have experience with the ci4 Stradic and I have never used a Daiwa so I couldn't even begin to provide any comparison. I will say that it is a lot easier to get a Shimano serviced around here...

As for drag, 9 pounds is more than enough for bass. I guess it all depends on what you plan on using it for.
beachburger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by beachburger »

I don't have a Procyon but I have Lexas, Ballistics and just added a couple of Tatulas (one regular and one Type R).

I haven't fished the Tatulas yet but they are all solid reels and will handle any fish you'll catch around here with maybe the exception of a big muskie. The T-wing reels (T3 and Tatula) cast a freaking mile. Some people don't like the "flip up" top of the T3 but that's a matter of personal preference. It's true that getting a Daiwa serviced is a little tougher than getting a Shimano serviced but I've been using Daiwas for about 15 years now and have never needed to send one in. I clean and oil them at the end of every season. The Daiwas are pretty easy to take apart and put back together.

HTH,
Doug
If you're gonna be stupid, you'd better be tough.