Attn curado lovers

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Attn curado lovers

Post by lape0019 »

cndbasshunter wrote:Cnd msrp is $210 :(
Why the long face? Because the US only have to pay $170?

It will basically slot into the price of a Chronarch E won't it? And at that price compared to the Chronarch E, I would say it is a steal!
Last edited by lape0019 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Got the cash at ready, just waiting for the release now :)

Any info on where one can purchase the 'Scorpion' online?

I'd order today, would look great on my Powell 723CEF
BradGuenette
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by BradGuenette »

Tip-up wrote:Got the cash at ready, just waiting for the release now :)

Any info on where one can purchase the 'Scorpion' online?

I'd order today, would look great on my Powell 723CEF

http://www.japantackle.com/Shimano/shimano_casting.htm

http://global.rakuten.com/en/search?st=&tl=0&k=Shimano

Two of the best spots.
Brad Guenette
Swimbait Canada
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

More information on the new Curado.

This comes from the Shimano rep on the Tackletour board.

As such, I am not the author.

X-Ship
SVS Infinity Braking System
S3D spool
HEG
Super Free
Aluminum Frame
Graphite Side Plates
Escape Hatch
Cross Carbon Drag Washers
12 pounds max drag*
Offset Handle
Center Clutch Design with two way action
5.5:1 (right hand only), 6.3:1 and 7.2:1
$179.99

You guys are up to speed on the X-Ship and SVS by now so I will not discuss it unless there is a question.

S3D spool Shimano Stable Spool Design

Shimano’s S3D technology leads to significantly reduced spool vibration. By designing a balanced and uniform thin wall aluminum constructed spool, S3D creates an incredibly smooth feeling when casting and retrieving lures. What this means is that we have found a new way to machine the spool which creates a uniform thickness of the material throughout the entire spool. The result is a smoother feeling cast and retrieve.

Center Clutch Design

The clutch has a more positive engagement and disengagement with this new design. It is also a two way clutch. This means you can use the thumb pad to engage the clutch for flipping applications.

Escape Hatch

By flipping a switch, the side plate swivels downward, giving the angler quick access to adjust the VBS weights. The switch is located in a position that is easy to use, yet remains out of the way to prevent accidental opening. The side plate is smooth for comfort when palming the reel. The side plate is attached and retained via a post and spring.

Unfortunately the advertisement for the reel ran about a month earlier than it was supposed to. As many of you have seen the retailers are posting the reels on their websites. The reels will not be available until the end of February with the left hand versions coming later.
biggs
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by biggs »

lape0019 wrote:
cndbasshunter wrote:Cnd msrp is $210 :(
Why the long face? Because the US only have to pay $170?

It will basically slot into the price of a Chronarch E won't it? Amd at that price compared to the Chronarch E, I would say it is a steal!
What makes it a steal??
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

biggs wrote:
What makes it a steal??
I believe it will be a steal because for the slight price difference between the two reels and you get the following differences.

X-Ship - Basically an extra bearing to support the pinion gear. This should allow for a little more power while fighting a fish.
SVS Infinity Braking System - Now that it has been confirmed that there was a typo in the maintenance of this system (It does not have to be lubed after 5 uses), it is IMO a better design that allows more options when it comes to the pressure of the brakes. It is also easier to access and adjust on the fly as you will not have to open the side plate to gain access to it.
S3D spool - A new spool design that seems to be more uniform and balanced which should result in smoother operation and maybe even a little longer of a cast...

I could be wrong, but that seems like a steal to me and I can't wait to see it :D
biggs
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by biggs »

Sorry, must have read the original post wrong.
Yeah, compared to the Chronarch E it seems like it will be better.

I do agree with cdnbasshunter though $210 :(
cndbasshunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cndbasshunter »

biggs wrote:Sorry, must have read the original post wrong.
Yeah, compared to the Chronarch E it seems like it will be better.

I do agree with cdnbasshunter though $210 :(
I've yet to fish the curado so i cannot say how good or bad the reel is. Hope they look at the retail since the Tatula R shows better value. They can be had for $165 cnd.
crwalker1987
Participant
Participant

Post by crwalker1987 »

That's why I bought the tatula cause it's hard to find anyone to say anything bad about it
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

I am under the impression that the Tatula at $165 is not the norm though right? It goes for $199 USD in most places in the states so I don't see this having too much of an affect on the curado.

If the price of the curado I was $180, I would be happier but still comparing it to the Chronach E, I see it as priced quite well.
Last edited by lape0019 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
cndbasshunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cndbasshunter »

$165 at lebaron's and most dealers will try their best to match. For the &180 the curado is a fine option. $210, I'd add a few $ and get a ci4+.
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

I will have a limited number at Paddletales on the 21st of February, with more to follow. The orders in so far however outmatch current production, so if you are interested I would suggest you move fast. We will be taking pre-orders.

I have had this reel in my hand, and it's a winner. The same braking system as the Chronarch CI4 and micro gearing as well. It fits beautifully in your hand and casts like a rocket.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
biggs
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by biggs »

toobinator wrote:I will have a limited number at Paddletales on the 21st of February, with more to follow. The orders in so far however outmatch current production, so if you are interested I would suggest you move fast. We will be taking pre-orders.

I have had this reel in my hand, and it's a winner. The same braking system as the Chronarch CI4 and micro gearing as well. It fits beautifully in your hand and casts like a rocket.

Ed
No micro gearing in the new Curado, that is only in the Met and Antares as of now. Regular HEG in the new Curado and the Chronarch Ci4.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Well,

I checked out the new curado I tonight and my initial impression that it feels solid and will fish quite smoothly. If I can justify the purchase of another combo, I would not hesitate to buy one of these.