5'9 one piece spinning

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

5'9 one piece spinning

Post by banjo »

I am looking to get a 5'9 one piece spinning rod. Med heavy 10-17 lb line category.
Basically I am looking for suggestions if people have experience or ideas. It'll save me hours of Googling:-)
jona38
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: 5'9 one piece spinning

Post by jona38 »

I think your going to have a hard time finding a 5'9'' m/h. You may find one in a 2 piece travel rod. Shorter rods are becoming a thing of the past.
sawchuk
Participant
Participant

Post by sawchuk »

Here's one banjo. But I couldn't find a price. There is a dealer in Ottawa.

http://shop.etic.ca/en/spinning-rod/49- ... eavy-.html
Sometimes, late at night...down by the water....you can actually hear the fish laughing.
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

Banjo,

What is the intended use for this rod.
Could a different length better suit the implemented techniques?
Why the specific 5’-9”?
What’s your budget?

Shimano Crucial Travel rod, 5'-9", 8lbs-17lbs but it's a 2 piece.
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by banjo »

Thanks for the replies.

I am actually looking to replace an old combo that I have and used alot. The old (25 year) rod is a shimano 5'9 one piece and I am so used to it but the rod blank now twists within the handle. I have super glooed it a few times over the years, but if I can find a replacement or 'upgrade' even , all the better.
I used it alot for 'flinging'... what I used to do before ever haveing a baitcaster and flipping. The combo has a shimano magnumlite quick fire reel and I use it to quickly and under hand fling weightless plastics, weedless spoons, even spinnerbaits up under docks and trees. When its windy I use it to underhand cast spinnerbaits just above the water and reel in keeping the tip inches off the water. The 5'9 is a perfect length for this since I am used to it. I try doing the same thing with a 6'6 and the tip of the rod is in the water or off to an angle.
I did buy a 5'6 clarus rod while one of the local stores had a no tax sale. It was a 2 piece, and I have not tried it. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for but something to try.
No real budget if I find exactly what I want but I usually don't spend more than 150$ on a rod.
BradGuenette
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by BradGuenette »

St.Croix makes a 5'10" Skipping rod that would do exactly what you have mentioned.

TBS510MXF
Brad Guenette
Swimbait Canada
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

I have a 6' MH St.Croix Premier I use for solely for skipping baits under docks and trees.