Mr. Buddy Heater Problems

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Mr. Buddy Heater Problems

Post by Seaweed »

Ok I give up...
I have a Mr. Buddy heater that worked like a charm for the past three seasons and then this year... ????? It seems like the fuel is not getting out from tank to nozzle. Tried everything I know and no improvements. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Anyone do any repairs on these?
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Mr. Buddy Heater Problems

Post by smitty55 »

Don't know what you've tried but this may be of help. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2Z9aB-yEaE
I would use a pipe cleaner instead of a q-tip though
Here's another thread with some mods. http://www.idofishing.com/forum/showfla ... ddy-heater

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Yannick Loranger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Yannick Loranger »

Check if the nipple is still there (the piece that penetrates into the propane tank) I lost one on my heater this year, waiting for a new regulator.
Yannick Loranger
Owner and Head Guide
Ottawa River Guided Fishing
http://www.OttawaRiverFishing.ca
bostonwhaler
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bostonwhaler »

if you can not get the pilot to light, it may be because the sparker is to cold. I forget the term for that part. But I have to hold my lighter on it for about 5 mins if it is really cold out. Its a sensor, it needs to be warm before it will let the propane out
Hollywood catches more perch than me
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Seaweed »

Thanks for the input everyone on this pressing issue.
I did check out the Youtube videos.. and voila I now have a fully functional heater again. Love this site and love Youtube.
bostonwhaler
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bostonwhaler »

What was the fix/issue. Mine actually failed this weekend. My fad took it apart and found yellow grease in the propaine lines. Guess I need to buy the line filter after all
Wolfy
Participant
Participant

Post by Wolfy »

Like you Chris,

Love this site. You can get soooooo much out of it with the group of folks that use it and are willing to help friends and strangers out. Just got a buddy heater myself. I wasn't going to get the filter as I figured it was just a waste of money, But I don't like the idea of this slime build up.

Thanks Lads!!
bostonwhaler
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bostonwhaler »

I think this is a great heater. I do find the fan helps as well. I didn't think I would need the filter. Glad my dad knew what he was doing.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Great tips here fellas!

I've used the alcohol on the Q-tip deal on our Big Buddy. Worked perfectly. I've had no issues with the Little Buddy that I use almost exclusively. I think the more ya use em the better they last.

RJ
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Seaweed »

My problem was also resolved with the stick the qtip with alcohol in the gas hole to clean it out... probably had a spider web or something.
BTW I also use a 5lb propane tank and filter with hose and even that pressue was unable to expel the blockage.