Fish weight scales

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Fish weight scales

Post by banjo »

What do you use?
I have an old battery one that everytime I go to use it... battery's dead. Last year I threw an old metal spring scale in the boat that seemed to tell me every fish was 2 pounds exactly :lol:
Has anyone used the lip grip/scale? I like the idea of digital ones... do any shut off automatically when not in use?
cgates
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Fish weight scales

Post by cgates »

banjo wrote:What do you use?
I have an old battery one that everytime I go to use it... battery's dead. Last year I threw an old metal spring scale in the boat that seemed to tell me every fish was 2 pounds exactly :lol:
Has anyone used the lip grip/scale? I like the idea of digital ones... do any shut off automatically when not in use?
You should try new battery's LOL I use the digital one by rapala
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

I have one of those too, is it one with the on/off rocker switch that is not protected. And you can't leave the battery disconnected until you need it, because there is just enough room in the battery compartment? I have started putting the battery in my tackle box and install it when I need it, I hate it , too time-consuming for me.
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by banjo »

That's the one. I usually put an elastic around it to hold it in the off position... but like majic everytime I see it, it's on. I go though 3 or 4 nine volt . And now some of the digital display lines don't show... so a fish can be 6 or 8 pounds and it displays the same;-)
sawchuk
Participant
Participant

Post by sawchuk »

Yep...I have the 10lb Normark...thought it was pooched when I got swamped on Weslemkoon a few years back. But my computer guy fixed it for me. I also have the 50 lb Rapala scale. It goes to sleep when not used for a while and it's a lot easier to change the battery. :lol: I will be getting a lipper/scale shortly and will let you know if it's accurate.
cheers
Sometimes, late at night...down by the water....you can actually hear the fish laughing.