Getting gear ready

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
TJO
Participant
Participant

Getting gear ready

Post by TJO »

Well spent most of the day and evening (when the leafs were losing ) cleaning my gear. Cleaned all the cork on my rods. Really turned out good they look like new can't believe how dirty they were. Also did all my reels. Striped all the line off cleaned, oiled and greased where required. Ready to go for another season of fishing. Now just need the weather cooperate and the ice to leave.
Tom
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Getting gear ready

Post by StarTzar »

My gear should be ready by the time the SENS hit the golf course.
All my reels were stripped and cleaned last month.
Still need to decide on which fishing line to get.
I'll be inspecting all our hard-baits to make sure that the trebles are good to go.
Rearranging our plastic this season. Switching from Plano boxes to zip lock bags.

Made a list of thing to get and started to purchase a bit at every visit to Paddletales.
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
i got worms
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by i got worms »

StarTzar wrote:My gear should be ready by the time the SENS hit the golf course.
:lol: You better hurry, I'm pretty sure they already have the tee times booked. :lol: GO HABS GO!!!
I got 99 problems but a fish ain't one...
TJO
Participant
Participant

Post by TJO »

StarTzar wrote:My gear should be ready by the time the SENS hit the golf course.
All my reels were stripped and cleaned last month.
Still need to decide on which fishing line to get.
I'll be inspecting all our hard-baits to make sure that the trebles are good to go.
Rearranging our plastic this season. Switching from Plano boxes to zip lock bags.

Made a list of thing to get and started to purchase a bit at every visit to Paddletales.

Sounds like your ahead of the game
Tom