Cleaning Reels

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
FishingFreak13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Cleaning Reels

Post by FishingFreak13 »

Just wondering what products everyone use to clean there reels. (Specific grease and oil) My shimano reels came with oil so I should be okay with the oil that they provided
cndbasshunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Cleaning Reels

Post by cndbasshunter »

Cal's drag grease, daiwa reel grease, boca lightening oil / hh alchemy ultralight oil.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Shimano drag grease, Boca lightning oil, Abu reel grease. I have no preference for reel grease, I jus so happen to have Abu at the moment.
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

Boca lightning oil as well and hot sauce.
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Picked up the Ardent real cleaning kit last year. For oil I use the Shimano Bantam oil that comes with Shimano casting reels and some higher end spinning reels.

I really don't have a preference for grease as well. Reel Butter worked works so decided to use it again this year. My reels are cleaned, flushed and greased once a year. Most of the time they don't need to be serviced, just regular cleaning and preventative maintenance.
cndbasshunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cndbasshunter »

I don't like hot sauce as it spreads way to much and doesn't stay in the proper place.