Mississippi river bass near Almonte

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
yakkerforbass
Participant
Participant

Mississippi river bass near Almonte

Post by yakkerforbass »

I am new to the area and am wondering where on the Mississippi is good for bass. I am in Almonte. Thanks
RyanW
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by RyanW »

Last edited by RyanW on Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
613 Ice Fishing
On Facebook
goudieb
Participant
Participant

Re: Mississippi river bass near Almonte

Post by goudieb »

I would second Clayton Lake, especially the river section between Clayton and Taylor lakes near the dead-heads at the bend of the river.

I'd also look into the Mississippi river at Appleton, upriver from Almonte. Great boat launching and lots of bass and hammer-handle pike.

Brian
yakkerforbass
Participant
Participant

Post by yakkerforbass »

goudieb wrote:I would second Clayton Lake, especially the river section between Clayton and Taylor lakes near the dead-heads at the bend of the river.

I'd also look into the Mississippi river at Appleton, upriver from Almonte. Great boat launching and lots of bass and hammer-handle pike.

Brian
Bass assassin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Bass assassin »

About a kilometre down river from the falls in Almonte is a set of rapids (careful as there are low spots and carved out rock thought there - fast moving water). Drop a line in the rapids...caught tons of smallies. Lots of fun! I've caught walleye, pike and smallmouth at the bottom of the falls in Almonte too.
yakkerforbass
Participant
Participant

Post by yakkerforbass »

Thanks for the tips gentlemen.