What reel should I get ??

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
FishingMasters
Participant
Participant

What reel should I get ??

Post by FishingMasters »

Hey guys!'
I'm a big baitcaster fan so this year I'm looking into getting a rod and reel combo so I can do a little bit or walleye drops shoting amd other methods !! I'm looking for a nice and smooth real and a nice flex on the rod !! I would like to not have to buy a 100$ combo but something that will do me the job perfectly!
And I could pic up at Canadian tire or sail!!
Thanks
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: What reel should I get ??

Post by toobinator »

Do you want to be under $100.00 or over? And are you looking for another baitcast set-up?
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
Mike586
Participant
Participant

Post by Mike586 »

Although you can get some very nice rods for under a hundred bucks, you're just not going to get a 'nice' baitcasting reel on its own for under $100, not retail anyway, buying both for under $100...maybe...if a place is going out of business and liquidating its assets.

...best you can possibly hope for is something on Kijiji like this....

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-fishing-camping- ... nFlag=true
curls
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by curls »

If it's the proper hand (left or right?)... The one in that ad on kijiji that looks to be a good value is the "caenan reel with quantum 7ft rod --60"
That reel is pretty nice. I've got one and its fine for $100. For $40 less and with a rod you're in business.
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

Go see Ed @ Paddletales, a "nice reel and rod" is about about feel and personal preference. He's got the variety.
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/