No more lifetime warranty on new Shimano rods

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: No more lifetime warranty on new Shimano rods

Post by MLR »

Is shimano still going to honour the lifetime guarantee on my 15 year old rods?
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

If they break due to a manufacturing defect, absolutely. However, the odds of that being the cause is pretty close to Zero.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
JZ
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by JZ »

I suspect if they are spending they money to take the warranty back in house there will be a lot more scrutiny on what they cover, it will probably be true manufacturer defects instead of a free for all.
Just to bring this thread full circle since iam the one who started the discussion... I bought another Shimano today confident that if there was a defect it would appear within a year and if it broke after that then i probably got my money's worth anyway. I was surprised to see that when I took the price sticker off there was the limited lifetime warranty card. Guess this was one of the rods made prior to July so it still qualifies for the LTW, but still unless it blows up before then end of the season I won't bother sending it in if it breaks.
dana
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by dana »

Paul quoite

"Now which fishing rod do you want?"

> a heavily discounted gloomis svp…

i bought one..it was still not cheap .. i like it [a lot] …and will but altleast another if it ever happens again[model change]

but feel that the discounted price is more in line with the acvtual value of an expensive fishing rod.

400 up…nah

the 245$ will do thanks…

lol