Where to buy Eskimo 949i?

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
SteveO
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Where to buy Eskimo 949i?

Post by SteveO »

Hi all,

Geez, it's been a while since I've posted on the famous Fish-Hawk. A three year old and four month old can cut into the hobby time. But here I am, and the fishing bug is biting again.

Giving the growing family (excuse), I'm looking into getting a larger shelter (because I want one).

What's caught my eye thus far is the Eskimo 949I insulated shelter. Does anyone have an idea where I can track one down? Either Ottawa or Montreal? I've found on-line retailers, (throne bros, thefishinhole, cabelas) but I have not been able to find it more locally. Appreciated.

Cheers,
Steve
Walleye Freak
Participant
Participant

Re: Where to buy Eskimo 949i?

Post by Walleye Freak »

Did you try Lebarons. They sell Eskimo Products?
If it's nice enough to golf...... You should be fishing!
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Steve: I can get them but do not have them in stock.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
SteveO
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by SteveO »

Definitely tried Lebaron's, but they don't have them. Ed I will send you a PM.
joco01
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by joco01 »

In special this weekend at canadian tire. I think!

Joco
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

Joco your correct they are on sale its a 5 sided pop up for 399.00 (150.00 off) its a 5 man shelter but for sure you will fit 4 set up it's 108"x108"x108" 64 SQ feet fishable area and you can stand up in it looks like an awesome tent. Looks better than the 949I.
SteveO
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by SteveO »

A difference is the lack of insulated material. I will look at the five sided shelter to see, but I don't believe it's insulated. I know with a heater the insulation isn't that big of a deal but I was kind of sold on getting the insulated version.

The 949I is 62 sq ft and high enough to stand up. Another piece of info is Thorne bros is sold out of 949i and apparently Eskimo themselves are out for this season, looks to be a popular shelter.

Thanks for the heads up again joco I will check it out and compare in more detail these two models.

Thanks gents.
Paul Shibata
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Paul Shibata »

I have become a huge fan of the pop-up shelters given their interior space in comparison to their collapsed dimension and weight. However I have noticed that the new crop of insulated shelters have put on a few pounds (sometimes double the weight) so you may want to be careful. Loading and unloading some of the heavier shelters may require 2 persons. In comparison, a second propane bottle is pretty cheap and a lot lighter to carry. :D
Troutskiii
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Troutskiii »

If your planning to use often and walk/pull or carry this shelter for a good distance I hope your in good shape!!! The insulated shelters are much heavier, I would recommend to invest in a little buddy heater or a tank top burner and use that with a regular pop up, cheaper and will keep you warmer in the end, also much easier to transport and move around your not breakin your back.

Good friend of mine has an insulated clam shelter and it is a nice unit but she's a pig to carry or move any distance.