Ninja Grass Blade?

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Ninja Grass Blade?

Post by lape0019 »

Thanks Bassfish1,

I actually read through your whole post on BBC about your product before starting a thread here. Not that I don't trust the good folks over there, but I know these people and figured it would be best to ask some knowledgable local people.

Looking forward to trying this product out and will definitely look over that YouTube video again before I start the process.
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

The Ninja Grass Blades have arrived.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Thanks Ed, I'll be in tomorrow night to pick one up.
BobbyJordan
Participant
Participant

Post by BobbyJordan »

Ed - I will be in on Saturday to gear up for our Champlain trip...hoping you can you hold one of these for me.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

How much are these swords going for? Is there a fitment chart?

Craig
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

lol... never mind. Found a bunch of info of the site!!

Craig
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by banjo »

So... Has anyone used these this summer... possibly on the Rideau. Any reports? Positive... let us know, negative... let me know by PM.
Ed, at Paddletales... Do you have any of these left?
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

I have some left.

Ed
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Hey Banjo, it's funny you should revive this tonight.

I put mine on in May and tried it out once before opener. It worked great but we are talking May...
In June after bass opener I started fishing the Rideau quite a bit and still managed to get a whack load of grass wedged around the shaft of the motor. Although this is not what it was intended for, I figured the weeds would get tangled in the prop and get cut off by the NGB. I was not 100% pleased with the product but considering it was epoxied to my TM, I figured I would just leave it there. That is until it fell off :shock: that's right. The epoxy was still on my TM but the blade was missing.

I was a little mad but really didn't think anything of it. You know, cuz it didn't live up to my expectations at all. So I figured I would just run the rest of the year without it.

This is where it gets interesting.

So I've used the Boat on a few different bodies of water and no matter where I am at, I get weeds tangled around the prop and into the housing. Then I go back to the Rideau and what do you know? I have to pull the motor up 3-5 times more often then I did with the NGB! Now I am more pee pee that I lost it.

A few weeks go by and I am surfing my normal fishing forums and I see a post from Bassfish1 stating that because he had some issues with people's NGBs falling off in which he was replacing them for free or at a discounted price, he has decided to go from the Epoxy to a 24hr cure time 3M tape. So I figure what the hell, I'll PM him and see what can be done. Long story short, he sent me a new one with the tape for free and I couldn't be happier with the CS.

After typing all of this and going through it in my own mind, I have come to the conclusion that this little Ninja Grass Blade is well worth the money. I may not have seen it before but after losing it and seeing exactly what it can do, I am now a believer for even areas like the Rideau. He did say that if I am planning on going through a jungle of weeds, I should consider putting two on but I don't think it will work well on my TM because of the way it sits in the cradle.

If you are remotely interested, come down to the MS Bassin tournament after weigh in and you can check it out on the boat. It may not be a cure all to the Rideau but it does a fantastic job at reducing my frustrations with the TM and I would highly recommend it.

Adam.
Lvace
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Lvace »

I put mine on at the same time as Adam and mine is still there!! From what I know these blades are better for minn kota!!! I have a bow mount motor guide trolling motor and my prop is is not even with the trolling motor housing like a minn kota so it is far less affective but it does help and would get another one if this one fell off!
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

The ones I have in the store all have the new 3m tape. Yes, their customer service is outstanding.

Ed