FROGS!

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

FROGS!

Post by Jimmy_1 »

I have had quite a lot of success using the Furbit.

Anyone suggest any other brands of frogs they like chucking?
drake691
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: FROGS!

Post by drake691 »

Live Target, Spro and River2Sea are what I use
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

Anyone suggest any other brands of frogs they like chucking?I have had quite a lot of success using the Furbit.

the ones from Queebec work good but they make a big splash!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have Live target frogs Jimmy they are almost like real looking i have had some success on them also.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

It's a personal preference. I have spro, live target, snag proof and a lunkerhundt. Out of them all the live target are the ones I have the most confidence in but the spro are right behind them (especially the popper frog)

Don't use the snag proof as all anymore but absolutely hate the lunkerhundt. Stay away from that one.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

I truly love the furbit.

I have had great success on them. Only problem is they are rubber and one a whole or two get in em from pike teeth they will start to sink and need to be drained. This is a total PITA as the frog will sink rather than stay buoyant.

I plan to chuck way more frogs this season. Nothing better than watching lilypads explode!
whoodatguy
Participant
Participant

Post by whoodatguy »

I purchased some Strike King KVD frogs in the off season im looking to try. The nice part is the legs are long so you can trim them to where you want them to be.
Heisenbass
Participant
Participant

Post by Heisenbass »

Yellow LiveTargets are the ones I've had the most success with. Jackall also makes a nice frog.

Cheers,
Mart
Martin
BAA 2016 - Team 22
jona38
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jona38 »

I like the Live Targets but I think the best bang for your buck is the Booyah Pad Crasher. They also have a better hook-up ratio because they are quite a bit softer than the Live Target. Trade off is they don't last as long BUT they are half the price. Jon
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Ish's Phat Frog in Purple Kush or Papa Midnight. Best frog on the market IMO.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Who sells ISH?
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

I might still have some at Paddletales. Not sure though.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
curls
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by curls »

I have used most, and come back to the River2Sea frequently. They're super soft for a great hookup ratio, and they walk SO easily.
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

Scum Frogs......they're inexpensive and they work. :)
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Jackall IOBEE or Live Target. Both have a quality hook, that's about all that matters when it comes to frogs.

RJ
Spence Scout
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Spence Scout »

Each and every brand of frog has its ups and downs. I use Spro Bronzeyes, Live Targets and Jackall Iobees. I use those for different scenarios.. There isnt one frog that does everything perfect out there. Thats a fact. Live targets are heavy, and very bulky. They arent good for soft entry into water or heavy wooded areas. I find they flip when in contact with pads and wood a lot easier then others. The Spro nothing tracks better then a Spro frog because of its low profile sleek design. Best frog for throwing in heaviest of cover. When you buy them make sure that their hooks are tight to rubber body. Sometimes you will see some brand new in packages with their hooks off the rubber, "not good" Last but not least the Iobee has the best hook on the market of any frog. But its not great in heavy cover or grass. The hook isnt tight to rubber and the rubber is very soft. Its also on the lighter size weight wise. The Iobee however is amazing around shoreline, more open water areas, pockets, paralleling weed lines etc. Plus your hookup ratio will be good, its a very good frog to practice your technique with..

Ive also caught my share of good fish on the Snag Proof frogs as well, but to me they look like Fisher Price toys!!

I know a little about frogs, Ive thrown them all, even the Furbit....and those are my top 3...

Oh ya dont forget to trim the legs a bit too....