Crank bait rods

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
FishingFreak13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Crank bait rods

Post by FishingFreak13 »

I have been fortunate enough to come to afford another rod to add to my unnecessary large amount of rods that I already have. I have been looking at a crankbait rod for a while just looking for opinions on different rods. My max for budget would be 400 so anything over is really out of the question. I already have a dobyns 705cb but would like something that can handle deeper diving cranksbaits

Brian
Christian Gervais
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Crank bait rods

Post by Christian Gervais »

765CB Glass. I love mine.
BradGuenette
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by BradGuenette »

x2 on the 765 Glass,love it for cranking DT 14/16 series, SK 5 and 6xds, spro lil john baby dd's ect. The rod is very versatile and handles a variety of size cranks from smaller baits like a DT-8 to a larger crank like a DD22 if that's your thing.

I love the feel of glass, it saves me from losing fish that are skin hooked. The 765cb glass is the lightest deeper diving glass rod that Ive ever used, I don't find myself getting bogged down casting bigger cranks all day.

Dobyns also just released a 805CB Glass.
Last edited by BradGuenette on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brad Guenette
Swimbait Canada
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

805 CB RM
Or the E6X 5 power..

I love both
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Fishing freak13: Your budget pretty much throws the door open. I have a bunch of crankbait rods in stock, including all the one recommended here. It's going to boil down to what feels best in your hands.

Ed
Paddletales
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Does anybody seriously run deep diving cranks in our area? I'm talking 15 plus divers.

My Crankbait rods are Shimano Crucials with TC4. Super light with a nice forgiving tip. They also double as my Laker jigging sticks.

RJ
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

The 764CB RM (7'-6") gets my vote, i'm not a fan of glass, prefer the sensitivity of graphite.
It's good for wake baits, shallow to medium cranks, as well as deep diving crankbaits.

With that being said, the Megabass Flat Side special (7'-0") is another graphite rod in your abovementioned price range.
If versitality is to be taken in consideration, it doubles as a topwater, jerkbaits and shallow to medium cranking stick.

Ed has both in store. ;)
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!