Planner board help

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
Stan
Participant
Participant

Planner board help

Post by Stan »

Bought a planner board this winter and installed a tattle flag. Works great but the board runs 45 degrees away from the boat. Checked on line and I think it should be running at 90 degrees from the boat.

How do I fix it?
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Planner board help

Post by MLR »

What speed are you going and how much line out between the boat and board and what size of lure?
Stan
Participant
Participant

Post by Stan »

Running crank baits with 80 ft of line at 2.2kph
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

Have you tried going a little faster? I pull mine a 2 mph

I have never seen a planner board run at 90 degrees to the boat , only somewhere between 45 and 70.

Also found you need to tune the crank bait fastener eye to ensure it is pulling straight. It makes a huge difference in the performance and action of the lure. If it is causing the lure to steer to the inside, it will prevent the planner board from getting as far out , but not by much.

Try just tying the planner board on with no lure and verify if the problem is with the lure or the board
BC FD
Participant
Participant

Post by BC FD »

Are your boards home made or manufactured. Possibly if home made your eye bolt with your connection may be to far back.
Mitch
Stan
Participant
Participant

Post by Stan »

Boards were bought. I had checked on YouTube and one of the videos had the board running at 90 degrees.

Sounds like 45 is the right number.