Senkos, Senkos, Senkos.

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Senkos, Senkos, Senkos.

Post by lape0019 »

See, I use a 1/16 or 1/8oz weighted wacky hook but the worms I use (still rockin the sick sticks!!!) are neutrally buoyant and were designed for use with a weighted hook. I just find it gives the worm a bit more action. When using the 1/16 head, the fall rate is painstakingly slow to me so I have no issues with it.

I've never used the o rings but maybe will consider it this year. I've lost a few baits on the casts and have lost a few more when they get bit so hopefully an I ring will stop that from happening.
River Monster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by River Monster »

I started using a shrink wrap last year. I also heard electric tape will do the trick. I still pierce the hook through the senko, otherwise i find the fish still take them. But I finding i can get 5+ fish on one senko sometimes. I suppose you could super glue the senko in the shrink wrap
- Rick Ozga
cndbasshunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cndbasshunter »

i usually i use 1/16 oz tungsten weight pegged with an o-ring. i tried the Eco pro tungsten weights and they seem to work better but mroe expensive.

Spence Scout
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Spence Scout »

I 2nd Bl8ant comment, borrrrriiinnnnnggg, yawwwwwnnnnn, I only throw senkos when Im desperate..

But when I do its rigged with two o rings crossed like shown in picture on page #1..