Spincast Reels

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
laker taker
Participant
Participant

Spincast Reels

Post by laker taker »

I am looking to buy my wife a new reel and she likes the spincast closed face reels. In all of your professional opinions what is the best spincast reel to buy in about the $ 100.00 dollar range. Thanks all in advance.
Laker Taker
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Spincast Reels

Post by toobinator »

Laker Taker: The best one I've seen is the AbuMatic. There's some numbers after but darned if I can remember them. It comes prespooled with fireline. To my knowledge it's the only spincast that can handle the non-stretch lines. I think they are in the $70.00 to $80.00 price range. Can't honestly remember for sure. There is also the Zebco Omega. another good solid reel. I have both in stock at Paddletales. We are closed until Tuesday though.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Cyber »

My wife is the same way! :roll:

Bought her a few but the one she likes best (and seems to work the best) is the Zebco Omega.
Casts pretty far from what I've seen, just make sure you stick to mono, tried braid on it and
all it did was foul up, went back to mono and voila!! worked like a charm again. :D 8)
I can't speak for the Abu Garcia as I've never seen one in action. :?
If you don't stand for something,
you'll fall for anything!!
laker taker
Participant
Participant

Post by laker taker »

Thanks guys, I was looking at the zebco omega and now the abumatic 1276 sli. Do the pflueger president or the diawa goldcast
compare at all.
Thanks laker taker
Nyarlathotep
Participant
Participant

Post by Nyarlathotep »

I would say that the Daiwa Goldcast is the best built and functioning spincast reel currently available. That model has been in production since its introduction back in the 1980's with the design not having been changed at all, just like the SS Tournament spinning reel. The only thing is that the Goldcast has an audible anti-reverse; the reels click as line is retrieved. Personally I don't mind this, but I know some other anglers that hate this feature on their reels. The original made in Sweden Abumatic 170 is a great spincaster as well, but you can only get new condition examples for $100-150 on auction websites.
laker taker
Participant
Participant

Post by laker taker »

Well now she is the proud owner of a zebco omega 2. Looks like a well built little reel, just gotta wait for soft water now to try it out. Thanks Ed from Paddeltails for a good deal. I ordered it from Ed on Tuesday about 3 pm and it was in my mail box Wednesday
at noon. I couldn't believe it was here that quick.
Thanks Ed Laker Taker
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Glad the reel arrived. I'm sure she will enjoy it.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken