Shadalicious Swimbaits - The Love-Hate Relationship

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
Heisenbass
Participant
Participant

Shadalicious Swimbaits - The Love-Hate Relationship

Post by Heisenbass »

I love to use soft plastic swimbaits for bass fishing. I use them shallow, I use them deep, I use them pretty much everywhere, in pretty much every situation. In my experience, the Strike King Shadalicious Swimbaits have by far the best action of any swimbait on the market. They are definitely my favorites and are the ones I have had the most success with. But I hate to love 'em... As many of you probably know, they are not durable at all. If you catch one or two fish with one of those swimbaits, it is as good as done.

I don't think I could ever part with the Shadalicious, but when I don't feel like loosing 2 packs of them in a day, I need something more durable. Does anyone know of a more durable swimbait that also has a decent action? I know that most hollow-bodied swimbaits like the shadalicious have better actions, but are they all this fragile? I've tried other full bodied swimbaits, such as the YUM Money Minnows for example, and I just can't seem to find a match for the Shadalicious' slow, wide wobble (it's so beautiful lol). Which swimbaits have you guys had the most success with?

Thanks!
Martin
Martin
BAA 2016 - Team 22
BradGuenette
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Shadalicious Swimbaits - The Love-Hate Relationship

Post by BradGuenette »

Look into a product called Mend-it, I use it for all my soft swimbait needs.
Brad Guenette
Swimbait Canada
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

I use Reaction Innovations Skinny Dippers. they seem to last a bit longer than most other ones I have tried and i love their life like action.
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
EagleEyesFlash
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by EagleEyesFlash »

The most durable swimbait I have used are probably X-zone swammers, if you can still find them.
Z-man baits have a more durable soft plastic ... Elaztech ... might be worth a try, say a PaddlerZ.
I too find the soft ones get bit more, like the hollow bellies ( Yum money minnow, shadalicious, grasspigs,.. ) too. :)

Yeah, have to get a jar of that Mend-It, works on hollow belly frogs too.
Last edited by EagleEyesFlash on Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snag or Fish , Weed or Fish , Oh Fish On
River Monster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by River Monster »

I'm a big fan of the gambler ez swimmer. (Paddletales Stocks them). I find them very durable, great action/wobble and reasonably priced.
- Rick Ozga
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

EagleEyesFlash wrote:The most durable swimbait I have used are probably X-zone swammers, if you can still find them.
Z-man baits have a more durable soft plastic ... Elaztech ... might be worth a try, say a PaddlerZ.
I too find the soft ones get bit more, like the hollow bellies ( Yum money minnow, shadalicious, grasspigs,.. ) too. :)
Xzone is back in business so you should be able to find them again shortly.

I use the Reaction Innovations ones for the most part. I was given some StankX NXT level Swims in their rad gill color to try and they feel durable and are a hand painted soft plastic bait. I can't wait to try them. I am hoping they are not a disappointment. At this point, I am giving you another option to look into but I cannot recommend them.

Adam
BradGuenette
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by BradGuenette »

Surprised how many people still use Skinny Dippers, I gave up on them because I got tired of boiling tails, they are always bent in the packaging they use. Now I rotate between Reins,Keitech and Bass Magent
Brad Guenette
Swimbait Canada
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

BradGuenette wrote:Surprised how many people still use Skinny Dippers, I gave up on them because I got tired of boiling tails, they are always bent in the packaging they use. Now I rotate between Reins,Keitech and Bass Magent
I've never even noticed!
BradGuenette
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by BradGuenette »

lape0019 wrote:
BradGuenette wrote:Surprised how many people still use Skinny Dippers, I gave up on them because I got tired of boiling tails, they are always bent in the packaging they use. Now I rotate between Reins,Keitech and Bass Magent
I've never even noticed!

I'm kind of OCD when it comes to swimbaits, if they aren't perfectly straight I won't fish them.
Brad Guenette
Swimbait Canada
Heisenbass
Participant
Participant

Post by Heisenbass »

Thanks guys! I'll make sure to check out some of those... I like Reaction Innovations, so their Swimbait will be first on the docket I think!
Martin
BAA 2016 - Team 22