LF suggestion on rod G.LOOMIS GL2 series

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
seahawk
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

LF suggestion on rod G.LOOMIS GL2 series

Post by seahawk »

SAIL is now putting some of G.LOOMIS rods on clearance sale now, can someone tells me which rod I can choose for walleye jigging fishing? I want to use it mainly for walleye jigging (use 1/4 to 3/8 jig head most of time) in Rideau river most of time and I want to feel the bottom structure from the rod when dragging the line (with matching light line sure). Can GL2 852 spin jig and worm rod fit my requirement or this price is not possible to meet my expectation? What power (M,ML) and speed(Fast, extra Fast etc.) I should looking for?
Thanks,
kliven
Participant
Participant

Re: LF suggestion on rod G.LOOMIS GL2 series

Post by kliven »

After reading some reviews online, it seems as if the GL2 series is rather mediocre in terms of sensitivity for its price. I haven't fished with it, so I wouldn't know though. Perhaps others who have experience with it might be able to provide better insight!
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: LF suggestion on rod G.LOOMIS GL2 series

Post by toobinator »

I sold a ton of GL2's at Paddletales. We had them on sale as well but they are long gone. As to the sensitivity, I don't think I ever had a complaint, if fact a number of guys bought muliples. The reports back I received were 99% positive.

Seahawk: I would look for a 782 jwr or an 802jwr. I can't remember if they made any with the SJR (rather than the JWR) suffix. If they did they would work well too. If you can't find anything at Sail I have a great selection of the Loomis E6X's, the GL2's replacement.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken