Curado I HG Missing part out of the box

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
bl8ant
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Curado I HG Missing part out of the box

Post by bl8ant »

I love my Shimano Curados and this post is not intended to bash the Curado or Shimano. It's simply meant to help others diagnose issues they may also be having.
If you are noticing that tightening the spool tension knob dramatically increases resistance when reeling on your Curado I HG, your reel may be missing a part—Part #4895 ( brake ring gear)—to be exact

Opening the side plate revealed that one of my reels came from the factory missing this part.

The brass part is noticeably absent on the reel on the right. Both of these reels were bought new and owned only by me.

The reel has been sent back to Shimano and I'll update this thread with how the situation is handled.
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Curado I HG Missing part out of the box

Post by ShawnD »

:shock:
Damn..

Good luck, I'm sure it'll all get sorted out. ;)
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
bl8ant
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bl8ant »

The reel was taken back to SAIL and sent out to Shimano even though it was out of warranty. It came back with the mart that was missing and as a bonus was also fully service and had a bearing replaced (I'm guessing the one located next to the missing part).

No charge to me.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Always good to hear comments about good service!!!
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again