Best electric fillet knife?

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
theDL
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Best electric fillet knife?

Post by theDL »

After years of using a manual knife on piles of pannies, I got my first electric fillet knife for Christmas this year. I got the berkley deluxe electric knife and put it to work the other day on a mess of perch. I was so surprised at how badly it worked. Blades were hard to lock into place and it was horribly underpowered, overheating and bogging down on 10-12" (not frozen) perch. I can't believe berkley put thier good name on such an inferior product.

So, I want to get a good one...let's hear what you guys have used and what is good/bad about other brands?
CBB
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Best electric fillet knife?

Post by CBB »

Can't understand the issue with the Berkley Electric Knife unless you got the 12 volt model. I have been using one for yrs and clean walleye and Perch at least 5 times a week and just love mine. Finally wore one out and stocked up when Lebarons had the sell out. I have had a Rapala, Mister Twister and my favorite is the Berkley 120 volt plug in as blades last forever and are 8 bucks for replacements. Never used the 12 volt model but if it works like some of the other 12 volt models on the market I can relate.
Mississippi Mudslide
Participant
Participant

Post by Mississippi Mudslide »

I use an older, corded Hamilton Beach 'switchable' electric knife that my late mother cut everything from homemade bread to roasted meats with. The turnable blade is perfect for cutting and the knives come apart for easy cleaning.

I went to a flea market and bought extra replacement blades for $2.00 (and I bought a green model exactly the same for $7.00)! (It might not say Berkley / Shimano / Cabelas / Bass Pro Shops on the knife but I don't think the fish mind)....I forgot the green electric knife at Klotz Lake Camp near Greenstone Ontario after fishing there last August ...it is in the bottom drawer beside the kitchen sink in Eagle cabin....if anyone ventures to Klotz Lake Camp and stays with owner Mike Moroz and his handyman Randy....feel free to take it or leave it for the next crew of fisherpeoples...

The price is right and the product is dependable....just for thought.
Mississippi Mudslide (M.M.)
Fishooz
Participant
Participant

Post by Fishooz »

Hi! Are there any other recommendations for this?