Down rigging set up for a newbie

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
MarkM
Participant
Participant

Down rigging set up for a newbie

Post by MarkM »

I just bought a new to me boat and would like to fish for lakers. I have very little knowledge on downriggers and how to set up etc.

Can anyone tell me what I need to get started and share some pointers pls. I will likely just go with a manual downrigger for now perhaps even look for one used..

Also any lures or spoons preferred?

Any info is greatly appreciated.
OntarioRider
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Down rigging set up for a newbie

Post by OntarioRider »

I have had really good luck with a jointed rapala minnow.
My setup is about 20' of flouro leader tied to my mainline and the rapala tied to the end of the leader.

I am sure the veterans will kick in with better techniques and setups, but last year was a good year for me.

Good luck.
annasmith
Participant
Participant

Post by annasmith »

OntarioRider wrote:I have had really good luck with a jointed rapala minnow.
My setup is about 20' of flouro leader tied to my mainline and the rapala tied to the end of the leader.

OddsDigger provides the best betting odds, tips, and bookie offers for everyone

I am sure the veterans will kick in with better techniques and setups, but last year was a good year for me.

Good luck
You are lucky person :)
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. Charles R. Swindoll
iammunro94
Participant
Participant

Post by iammunro94 »

OntarioRider wrote:I have had really good luck with a jointed rapala minnow.

Good luck.
Wow! You are truly a lucky person. I am also a newbie to everything hope I can learn a more here!
Get advice from a professional auto detailing personnel.