Tube for mailing a 7 foot rod

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
ald
Participant
Participant

Tube for mailing a 7 foot rod

Post by ald »

Any ideas on where I can purchase a hard cardboard tube to mail a rod back to St-Croix for a repair. 8 foot tube as its a 7 foot rod

thanks
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Tube for mailing a 7 foot rod

Post by toobinator »

I have some shipping tubes at the store that I save. You can have one but we're away from the store now until January 15. Unless the post office's rules have changed, they won't accept a package that long.

Ed
Paddletales
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
ald
Participant
Participant

Post by ald »

thank you for the offer, very kind of you and much appreciiated. let me check that out with Cnada Post and I will get back to you. Enjoy your time off till Mid Jan.
Happy New Year 2019
Piscivore
Participant
Participant

Post by Piscivore »

From what I found at Canada Post. The maximum length package they will ship is 2 meters (about 6 feet).

As for a shipping tube. You could consider a 3" sewer pipe from the big box store of your choice. They come 10 feet long, so you can cut it to your needed length. It will cost between $15 and $20 though, so it depends on what you want to spend.
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

I would take Ed up on his offer. The abs or pvc tubing is a great Idea, for that is how I transport my rods on longer trips. That being said, the weight of the tubing compared to a cardboard tube will increase the amount you pay considerably. I'd suggest Puralator as opposed to UPS. Just from experience and price difference.

F.F
mitch
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by mitch »

You can also use the cardboard core found discarded in the waste bin the local carpet store. Mitch
Lunker Larry
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Lunker Larry »

Maybe check out bouclair or other blind/curtain stores. They must have some old cardboard tubes for their curtain rods, etc.