Does this really work? Stanley’s Ice Off Paste

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
ald
Participant
Participant

Does this really work? Stanley’s Ice Off Paste

Post by ald »

anyone ever try it during the winter or late fall

Stanley’s Ice Off Paste is the world’s only “ De-Icer” for fishing lines and guides.

Just curious on if it really works for Ottawa weather and if so how did you apply it.

I was out fishing yesterday and the guides really froze
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Does this really work? Stanley’s Ice Off Paste

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

In years past I've used 2 house hold item's and got by just fine. 1 is regular "Chap Stick" for your guides, and or cooking spray will work also. I've only used them on my float rods in the winter, when ice was a big factor in winter months. Both proved just fine for me, and chap stick is easier to carry that a can of Pam :lol: Just use a Q-Tip with chap stick for your guides, and I only did about 6' of line to avoid ice build up.

F.F
mitch
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Does this really work? Stanley’s Ice Off Paste

Post by mitch »

Well, it certainly isn't the "only" de-icer as FF points out; however, I have used it with results better than the chapstick option. These options will take you so far on a cold day with reapplication required.