Plastisol wanted

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
kingofbeasts
Participant
Participant

Plastisol wanted

Post by kingofbeasts »

Hi guys, is there any source of plastisol here in Ottawa -Gatineau area? I've started pouring my own soft plastics and I was wandering if I can find some materials nearby or I must order online from the states. If you happen to know something on this subject please share here some of that info. I really appreciate it.
Fin and Feather
Participant
Participant

Re: Plastisol wanted

Post by Fin and Feather »

These guys have everything and are in Ontario. http://www.luremaking.com/catalogue/cat ... _index.htm
kingofbeasts
Participant
Participant

Post by kingofbeasts »

Thank you very much, I did some digging myself and it seems that there are some online Canadian vendors of lures components (mostly in the great lakes area) . I was hoping that I can find something locally but did not. I must admit that I am a bit surprised that in a region so rich in waters, and quite populated with lots of anglers like the Ottawa-Gatineau area is, one cannot find much professional tackle or components for custom made rods and lures. :o I've expected differently and, before coming here, I thought that in a country with 6 winter months out of 12, people will be more inclined to create and the custom part of fishing will be more developed. :roll: Considering the quality of life here I was also expecting to find professional tackle at every corner store and was kind of disappointed to see that not even big stores like BassPro or Cabela,s carry high end tackle. :( Considering the above, I assume that the waters here are so rich in fish that, for most people, it doesn't really matter what do you catch them with. :?:
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

If you like high end tackle than head out and see us at Paddletales.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
kingofbeasts
Participant
Participant

Post by kingofbeasts »

Thank you very much for the invitation, I guess I'll come to see you in a Saturday if you are open . I will really appreciate if you can give me your address .
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

This is a link for Paddletails, Ed, and Sandy are located in Winchester On. A short drive from the city. I see your quite into rod building, and doing alot for yourself, which is quite cool, and impressive!!! Though, I and so many others can vouch, if your looking for "High End" gear, and the most amazing hands on, and helpful, knowledgeable service: Ed, and Sandy are the forefront in this area hands down!

http://paddletales.com/

Don't tell him Float sent ya, he might lock the doors :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

F.F
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Our address is 510 St Lawrence st in Winchester. To enter the store though, go to the back of the building off the parking lot. Weird location but it works. :shock:

We are open tomorrow from 9am to 5 pm. I won't hold Floats recommendation against you. :D

Ed
kingofbeasts
Participant
Participant

Post by kingofbeasts »

Thank you very much guys!
Ed, do you happen to have 2017 Shimano Exsence C3000 M (not the MHG fast retrieve version ) in the store ?
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

No, only the fast retrieve. One can be ordered though.

Ed