Who can put line guides on a section of flyrod for me?

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
Labrador_fly_fisher
Participant
Participant

Who can put line guides on a section of flyrod for me?

Post by Labrador_fly_fisher »

Hi

Last summer while salmon fishing in Labrador I snapped off the top section of my four piece Sage fly rod. I recently had the broken section of rod replaced by Sage but they didn't put any of the round fishing line guides back on it.

My question is: Does anyone know who I could pay to do this for me?

Someone in the Ottawa/Gatineau area preferably.

Thanks in advance!
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Who can put line guides on a section of flyrod for me?

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

First off, I'm quite shocked that "Sage" did not put guides back on for you. Sage is a higher end rod, for "Fly, Spey, and Float" rods. Id contact them again. I do not make or tie my own rods, but there is a member here, who has made posts of some of his work, and he seems to do some really nice work! "kingofbeasts" is his handle on here, I have not had the pleasure of meeting him yet, but his posts speak volumes!

You would be in good shape to order your guides as per the "Weight and length" of your rod and model. Again, I would try to contact Sage for parts, or look up dealers who could send you the proper guides for your rod.

Hope this helps:

F.F
kingofbeasts
Participant
Participant

Post by kingofbeasts »

Thank you very much Floatfishin for your kind words and yes, I will be able to help with those guides . I live close to Champlain bridge on the Gatineau side so , if it is ok with you just let me know and I will give you my number in a private message so we can talk.
Labrador_fly_fisher
Participant
Participant

Thank you both for the quick replies! I really appreciate the feedback.

kingofbeasts - I will send you a private message.
Labrador_fly_fisher
Participant
Participant

I just want to send a shout out to 'kingofbeasts' for the excellent work he did attaching the line guides to my new section of fly rod and to 'Floatfishin' for the referral.

'Kingofbeasts' did a wonderful job of matching up the thread to ensure the closest colour match to the original. Great attention to detail and an all around great guy. If anyone is looking to have a rod custom made or requires repairs to your valuable high end fishing rod, I highly recommend that you get in touch with him. He did an amazing job on my (invaluable) custom built Sage rod that was passed on to me by my late father.
kingofbeasts
Participant
Participant

Post by kingofbeasts »

Thank you for your kind words Labrador_fly_fisher, I'm glad I could help you. It is a nice rod that one, may you fish it with the same pleasure you always did. Thank you for your business.
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Glad it all worked out! I'm thinking of a new custom "Float Rod" for later this year. I'll certainly be in touch!

F.F