Looking for a bait

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
FishingFreak13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Looking for a bait

Post by FishingFreak13 »

Years ago Berkley made a Pulse worm. I know they are discontinued and have been for many years. Was just wondering if anyone knows someone or a company that makes something just like it. I know its a stretch but figured I'd ask. I loved those baits when they were being made and caught lots of fish on them.

Brian
David Chong
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Looking for a bait

Post by David Chong »

Just because they work and catch fish doesn't mean that they won't discontinue them. Sales drive everything! I have a few packs but I still use them so I can't give them up! Sorry!
Special Thanks to all my valued sponsors and my darling wife for all their support!
kingofbeasts
Participant
Participant

Re: Looking for a bait

Post by kingofbeasts »

If you still have a couple left you can try have a replica done by someone experienced in pouring soft plastics. I just started to do that this winter so I cannot help you with it right now. Even if creating a mold to copy the shape and size will not be a problem, achieving the same softness/stiffness, or same color requires plastic formulation skills I do not master yet. There are people out there who can do it for you and there are websites which advertise mold making and or lure copying .
I kept at least 2 or 3 pieces of my favorite lures in a personal "hall of fame" just to be able to resurrect them at some point in time if I feel the need. Sometimes an unknown lure to the fish (either very new or very old) might just do the trick a little bit better.