Penn 149 Reel Repair Question

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
mmusson
Participant
Participant

Penn 149 Reel Repair Question

Post by mmusson »

Hi All,

I recently picked up a second hand penn 149 reel. The anti-reverse wasn't working on it so I took it apart and found that the dog spring wasn't there, so I went ahead and replaced that. Unfortunately, it still doesn't appear to be working. Looking at a schematic, it looks like I'm missing a washer underneath the main gear. I'm thinking that this helps hold the dog in place and on the teeth of the anti-reverse gear. Does anyone know if this is the case? Also is there a place to source part WITHIN Canada for these reels? I've found some great websites in the US but unfortunately they are not shipping internationally, or charge an arm and a leg to get here. I would hate to pay $20 US to ship a 0.15 washer to me...

Thanks!

Matt
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Penn 149 Reel Repair Question

Post by smitty55 »

Try Mikes Reel Repair in BC. https://www.mikesreelrepair.com/
Also, if it's just a washer and you have an idea of the specs then you could try a hardware supply store, there are several in Ottawa.
Smitty

Straight shooter
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Rockey's Tackle repair in Orillia is a Pen service centre I believe. Should be able to google them.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
mmusson
Participant
Participant

Post by mmusson »

Thank's gentlemen. I'll give those a shot and see what's what. Much appreciated.

Smitty, I was thinking the same as well, just find a washer somewhere to see if that would work before spending some money on the right part.

Thanks again.
Lunker Larry
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Lunker Larry »

Find the schematic and you'll know what's missing and you can get the part number.
Lots of sites online to search schematics.