Rod pairing for inline icefishing reel

Just what the title says....anything and everything related to Rods, Reels, Terminal Tackle, Plastics, what others are using, what works, what doesn't work, and anything else you want to talk about regarding equipment.
Piscivore
Participant
Participant

Rod pairing for inline icefishing reel

Post by Piscivore »

I decided to finally try out an inline icefishing reel. I just bought a one 3 fishing descent reel. After looking at my available rods, I decided I didn't want to put it on anything I had available. So now I'm looking for a good rod to pair it with.

I mostly intend to use it for panfish, small Brook trout, and small walleyes in shallow water inside my flip over. I also don't want to spend a lot of money on it, so no custom rods and such. I would like to stay under $75 and preferably much less than that.

I would appreciate some tips on what to look for in a rod pairing as I couldn't find much applicable online. I also don't think I want an ultralight as I already have that covered. So what length, action, power and tip do you guys think best suits an inline reel for my purposes?

Thanks!