Main Menu

Statistics

Total posts 338871
Total topics 39981
Total members 7488
Our newest member Pahnairty

Hello - new to this FishHawk

INTRODUCE YOURSELF FIRST TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE REST OF THE SITE

Tell us a little about yourself, where you're from, how long you've been fishing, what your interests are etc.....and you will be given posting permission in all other forums. Failing to do so and you will only be able to read.
Forum rules
This forum is designed to accomplish 2 things: 1) Get to know you 2) SPAM Prevention
  • Supported By...

Hello - new to this FishHawk

Postby GregM » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:28 am

HI Everyone, My name is Greg - a long time fishermen who lives in Orleans and fishes the Ottawa river (east area usually in Rockland & Wendover) every weekend with a couple of annual trips north.

With the focus on Musky on the Ottawa, I got my first large musky on the Ottawa river last September near Rockland and got a fairly nice one just a couple weeks ago on July 11th near Wendover.

I just returned from Kipawa lake in Qc. A week fishing (July 15 to 22)on a beautiful giant lake was great. I ended up seeing a thread here on FishHawk of my video of me driving my old boat through "the chute" to Turtle island - I posted it on youtube last year and now have over 600 views.

I took my new boat (Stratos 486 with a 150hp Evinrude 2-stroke) through the chute 4 times last week - and got some great GoPro footage in both directions recorded in HD or 4K). I have to post those soon!

Looking forward to some healthy fishing discussions!

Cheers,
Greg
GregM
Participant
Participant

Re: Hello - new to this FishHawk

Postby McBass » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:43 am

welcome on board, looking forward to the videos :)
Sent using my iAbacus
McBass
Participant
Participant

Postby smitty55 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:49 pm

Welcome to fish-hawk Greg. Yea that was me who posted your trip through Turtle chute. I watched it quite a few times lol. Knowing how shallow it is there and through that other channel and the need to be up on plane it was a fun watch for sure. So how fast did you go through with the new boat on your fourth try? :)

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Postby GregM » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:20 pm

I varied my speed, I took some friends (1st timers) and wanted to show them the experience, so went about 50km/hr up to Turtle, then on the way back, I was easily going over 65, maybe 70 - I find it almost easy now - we fished lake trout around turtle island twice this year on separate days plus we trolled one shore one evening for walleye - so that was 3 more trips this year!

I've been going through the chute 12 or 13 years now (and sometimes going to Kipawa for 2 different trips a year). I am getting to know the lake better and better each year!

I've also done the north river 3 different times also, but that is a completely different story - slow and careful with someone at the front yelling "rock" or "stump" and pointing to go left or right.

Greg
GregM
Participant
Participant

Return to Introduce Yourself