Main Menu

Statistics

Total posts 338634
Total topics 39939
Total members 7449
Our newest member lahmndras01

Ice Fishing Information

INTRODUCE YOURSELF FIRST TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE REST OF THE SITE

Tell us a little about yourself, where you're from, how long you've been fishing, what your interests are etc.....and you will be given posting permission in all other forums. Failing to do so and you will only be able to read.
Forum rules
This forum is designed to accomplish 2 things: 1) Get to know you 2) SPAM Prevention
  • Supported By...

Ice Fishing Information

Postby Jcarson » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:43 am

New to the sport. Can anyone tell me where I can get info regarding ice access points, websites that might give ice conditions, technique tips act. I have a Eskimo shelter and jeep awd . Thanks
Jcarson
Participant
Participant

Re: Ice Fishing Information

Postby RJ » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:54 pm

What area of town do you live?

RJ
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jcarson » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:10 pm

I am in Orleans and know about Petrie Island. I plan to fish there as well but I am also interested in trying other lakes/rivers in Eastern Ontario
Jcarson
Participant
Participant

Postby riverdog » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:25 pm

You can get Backroad Maps fishing books for the area you plan on fishing includes species of fish & access points.
Fishing the St.Lawrence 12 months a year!
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Postby smitty55 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:49 pm

Lots of lakes to the west of town, starting with Constance, Mississippi, Taylor/Clayton, White Lake, Big Rideau...
Seeing as you are new to this, you may want to try using an outfitter like Yannick at http://www.ottawariverfishing.ca/ in the east or to the west at White Lake with Adam at https://www.adamsoutfitting.ca/
As for techniques, this book would be a good idea to buy. He's a local lad. This will really help your learning curve and then you'll be able to ask more informed questions on forums like this. http://www.timallard.ca/#/books~1/ice-f ... mate-guide
Once things freeze up you'll also likely find some reports coming out here on ice conditions. Good luck this winter.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Postby scarkner » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:02 pm

You can learn a lot by digging through old posts using the Search feature of this website. You will see tons of info on Shirleys Bay, but also old and new posts about derby's (which are almost always located on lakes with good access) and occasional posts for locations like constance bay (good access from several locations) and constance lake (difficult access from two locations, highly dependent on the year though).
scarkner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Return to Introduce Yourself