New to the area

INTRODUCE YOURSELF FIRST TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE REST OF THE SITE

Tell us a little about yourself, where you're from, how long you've been fishing, what your interests are etc.....and you will be given posting permission in all other forums. Failing to do so and you will only be able to read.
Forum rules
This forum is designed to accomplish 2 things: 1) Get to know you 2) SPAM Prevention
mksouthon
Participant
Participant

New to the area

Post by mksouthon »

Hey guys/gals,

I'm new to the forum, and the Ottawa area. Previously I was in Barrie and regularly fished on Simcoe, the Muskoka's and an annual trip to Nipissing. Now I'm trying to start all over from scratch and learn the fishing in this area, and am honestly overwhelmed at where to even start! I'm in Casselman. If anyone has any general pointers for to find resources on which waterbodies will be best for me to target for my preferred species that would be much appreciated. I'm willing to to my own research, just wondering which resources everyone here uses and recommends!

Thanks all and I look forward to engaging in conversation with you here.

Mark
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: New to the area

Post by toobinator »

What are your preferred species?
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Fish On-line would be a great place for you to start. You can search by species or waterbody. It has topographic and imagery layers as well as depths in some lakes. https://www.lioapplications.lrc.gov.on. ... cale=en-CA
Cheers and welcome to the area.
Smitty

Straight shooter
Chasenic
Participant
Participant

Post by Chasenic »

The website has a search function so once you find the lake you want start searching on here there is years of useful information.
mksouthon
Participant
Participant

Post by mksouthon »

Awesome, thanks guys! Forgot to include I usually target perch, walleye, crappie, and pike. Would like to get more into fishing for trout through the ice, all species of trout.

Happy new year