Hello fellow anglers!

INTRODUCE YOURSELF FIRST TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE REST OF THE SITE

Tell us a little about yourself, where you're from, how long you've been fishing, what your interests are etc.....and you will be given posting permission in all other forums. Failing to do so and you will only be able to read.
Forum rules
This forum is designed to accomplish 2 things: 1) Get to know you 2) SPAM Prevention
Tenkara
Participant
Participant

Hello fellow anglers!

Post by Tenkara »

Hello all, I'm in the Blakeney/Almonte area and I usually fish for bass/walleye on the Mississippi when the season is open. However, in preparation for my annual trip up north in QC at the hydro dams for large and wild brookies, I have been practicing with my standard western fly rod and my new Tenkara rod. I mostly fish from a stand-up paddleboard, and catching bass on a 5WT fly rod is quite fun!

However, I've been trying to find stocked rivers and lakes to practice catching brookies. This season, I already tried fishing at Indian Creek near Pakenham, but it looks absolutely dead. No sign of life, no bites, nothing... A post here from 2015 somewhat hints to the same. Other stocked lakes such as Kates Lake or Peterwhite Lake are quite difficult and long to get to without an ATV.

You guys have any recommendations on where I can find any types of trout in the area?

Cheers!