Hello all

INTRODUCE YOURSELF FIRST TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE REST OF THE SITE

Tell us a little about yourself, where you're from, how long you've been fishing, what your interests are etc.....and you will be given posting permission in all other forums. Failing to do so and you will only be able to read.
Forum rules
This forum is designed to accomplish 2 things: 1) Get to know you 2) SPAM Prevention
cemlpc
Participant
Participant

Hello all

Post by cemlpc »

New to fishing. Never tried that until I realized that this may be a perfect match for my outdoors love and the fact that I wake up early in the morning by habit. I am in Ontario for 13 years and honestly never have realized how awesome our hydrographic landscape and fishing are. I am a saltwater guy and decided to make freshwater my stuff.

Trying to understand it, fishing from shore and bought a lot of gear (wife is so far not complaining) to help my learning process. While I am aware that a novice goes through a process until can have some proficiency, where to fish probably the most painful part.

I am very motivated and caught a few species (creek chub gill crappie) I think I mostly did it for persistence. Amazes me also how time of the day and season changes the game! Fascinating. Want to put hours now fishing and I think connecting to people helps a lot. I watch people fishing whenever I can.

I am an avid rock climber (some ice experience) and do a lot of camping and backpacking. Own a pack raft and just bought at Decathlon a 2 person inflatable yak that I believe may expand my reach fishing from it.

Live in Don Mills, Toronto and up to adventure.