Cancel

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Icemanstan
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Cancel

Post by Icemanstan »

This year we will be unable to host the event as we had planned.

Christie Lake icefishing derby is cancel why . This is not right my son has been waiting all year for this and now I have to tell him its cancel . Is it volunteers that are need I'm in . It can't cost that much to hold a derby a few men and a few helpers should be plenty . maybe a donation box should be done, I'll donate . I just don't understand. If anyone has info please run it by me.

Thanks
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Perhaps, like many other places, they're concerned about the ice.

I'm sure a quick call would tell you :wink:
jazman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by jazman »

people start sounding like we are OWED a derby... it ain't happening and i don't need to know why, not my business.

Unfortunate your son is disappointed but there are plenty you can take him too, hope you find one to suit you and have a blast at that!

If the "kids" are what folks are worried about... go to the website and send them a check.
Icemanstan
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Icemanstan »

jazman wrote:people start sounding like we are OWED a derby... it ain't happening and i don't need to know why, not my business.

Unfortunate your son is disappointed but there are plenty you can take him too, hope you find one to suit you and have a blast at that!

If the "kids" are what folks are worried about... go to the website and send them a check.

Look here if that how you treat people maybe that’s why its cancel, Have a better attitude all I was asking is why, they gave no reason. It not like I want to know their life. I never said that they OWED me this derby so grow up.
jazman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by jazman »

if you have something to say to me jr. pm me and I will give you my cell number.

i thought I was rather pleasant, you said it is not right.... for you perhaps.

my point is that there are many places where you can have fun with your son.

have a nice warm hot cocoa, coco.
JustinHoffman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JustinHoffman »

I agree, Jazman - time to move on. For whatever reason, the derby is cancelled. End of story. No amount of complaining, worrying or asking will bring it back.
Icecool - Jazman was quite diplomatic and considerate in his post. It was you that stated "This is not right." Right or wrong, the organizers couldn't put the show on this year. For those that want to take the initiative, you already know the charity...
My feeling is - we can all still fish, and we can donate to the cause if we so choose. Other than winning a few prizes, the kids can still come out on top if those that wish pull out their chequebooks...
Just my 2 cents..

Good Fishing,
Justin
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Bear »

Icecool, baitcasters is coming up next weekend ... feb 4
If Mike and Chrystal, put on a derby like last year your kids will have a BLAST .... and you .... tons of door prizes great stuff for the adults toooooooo :lol: [/i]
Icemanstan
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Icemanstan »

Bear wrote:Icecool, baitcasters is coming up next weekend ... feb 4
If Mike and Chrystal, put on a derby like last year your kids will have a BLAST .... and you .... tons of door prizes great stuff for the adults toooooooo :lol: [/i]

Look I have sent Jazman a pm I may have gone over board. I told him I’m sorry. I'm not that kind of guy that they’re to make ?hit. I'm here for fun I'm not here for trouble. I think that I over reacted. Must of been that cap letters.
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Bear »

Just letting you know about a fun derby you can enjoy with the kids

sorry
OFAH Zone F 1st Vice Chair
Icemanstan
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Icemanstan »

Bear wrote:Just letting you know about a fun derby you can enjoy with the kids

sorry

No need to say sorry man you did noting wrong. Its me that need to say sorry, my dad away say if you do wrong be a man a say sorry I'm 40 and I can say sorry when I know I’m wrong. Have a good weekend and maybe will see each other on the ice at Clayton Lake good night and sweet fishing dreams.