Constance Lake Wolfe Howl!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Constance Lake Wolfe Howl!!

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Well this was it, the day, yep, the day Wolfe and Clan were coming on their return visit to the Nations Capital.

I got there about 10 am to find a few already there including Bowzog, Coyote, Braeside, Icescool and Re-Tie and his wife Carol.

Special thanks to all who brought out food. Saskie brought out some venison steaks that everyone who tried just loved. Coyote did up a great feed of hotdogs and Bottom Feeder brought out venison stew..It was great thanks guys!

Well I set up and got the line in and it wasn't long before I nailed a Pike..Pretty much the average for the day.

Braeside wasn't long behind me when he brought this fella in...

Some of the individuals that were present included..
Plowjock and Floatfishin'

Zort10 and his Son Steve and Bruin

Quite the crowd turned out which was good to see. Especially Re-Tie and Carol coming from 4 hrs away...Wow :!: :shock: It was great to meet you, look forward to seeing you at another event.

Here's Coyote, icescool and Saskie working the BBQ!

There was a lot of fishing going on despite all the socializing. Here we see topwater nailing a beauty Perch

RJ was around just long enough to catch the biggest Pike...unfortunately the derby hadn't started yet... :cry:

HOF and Plowjock somehow misconstrued the rules and were trying for the smallest Pike (sorry guys) :lol: :lol:

HOF's

Plowjocks, with Tiny Torpedo making an appearance

We were even graced with MT's presence on the ice, good to see you out again Bill...

RJ and Topwater share pannie secrets...

Bottom Feeder donated some prizes for a mini-derby which ran for 1 hour...Here's the first and second place winners...My camera didn't work for the third place, sorry whoever... :oops:

BF presenting 1st..

BF presenting 2nd

And finally a group shot, just to make it complete..

Great to finally meet you Wolfe and Clan! Look forward to doing it again!!!
Last edited by Wall-I-Guy on Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yankee
Participant
Participant

Post by Yankee »

Now that looks like fun. Thanks for posting the pics WIG!
SCUBA_STEVE
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by SCUBA_STEVE »

hey i know i was sick and unshaven but do i look that bad to be a zork :shock:

yes was nice to meet everyone sorry i didnt stay long but wow this flu hit like a ton of bricks good thing my son drove me there :D love meeting new and old talkers :D :D

zort
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

zort10 wrote:hey i know i was sick and unshaven but do i look that bad to be a zork :shock:

zort
Beat you to it, i knew it was wrong, just couldn't remember before i pressed "Submit".. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was changing it as you were typing likely :!: :lol: :lol:
SCUBA_STEVE
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by SCUBA_STEVE »

you the man wig!
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

Sounds like you had a great day on Constance Bay gang just to bad I didn't make it I had other things to do maybe next time.
Mike Lennox
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike Lennox »

great report WIG....missed you out there today...next time :!:
bottom feeder
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bottom feeder »

Those pics are great WIG .Hope people dont mind but I will be stealing pics from the site for the movie. So post lots.
I had a great time met a lot of people I have talked to for a year now and you people are awesome :!: .
Also great to meet the wolfe pack, finally, and I have to say ALL the young Citizens were great out there especially when it turned cold. Not a complain amongst the lot.
Of course I must thank Plowjock("ol fart"(Brian) for dragging me and my kites out(weather not good for kites) and all the other crap I bring.
For now I will only post i pic and call it :arrow:

ONE LOST FISH BUT ONE SHARED MOMENT

I turned around after snapping this pic, then turned back and only wish I had caught the tussle that happened next.
Thank-you [/url]
It is my favorite of my pics
plowjock
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by plowjock »

Hi All
Thanks for a great day out on the ICE.
To all the people which brought food along thank you. Everything was just delicious. Venison steaks were good.As the ol fart I had never tasted venison steaks before. Thank you Saskette.
Sure was nice to meet a big group of Hawk talkers on the frozen pond.
Mother Nature couldn't have prescribed a better day, after all it still is mid February and following such a horrendous Friday Storm.
To WOLFE thanks for getting this get-together going and to everyone for seing it through to fruition.
to all the YOUNG people YFF and buddies don't get discouraged if you don't hook the big one every time out. Enjoy the peacefullness and the EXCELLENT company you're in.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and ask for some tips . I personally have yet to find a Hawktalker who wouldn't help another hawker out.
Let's start looking at another get together next February during Winterlude
PLOWJOCK
Coyote
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Coyote »

Counldn't agree with your more plowjock,it's nice being out with great people, the fishing part is just a bonus :D :D
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

Looks like everyone had a great time . A nice large group of fish-hawkers.I had Trout on the brain today , we did have plans to show up later in the day . But it didn't work out that way . Next time :wink:

Cheers
Muskymatt
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Thanks for the great pics WIG; they're so much fun to look back on (love that pic of RJ and Birdee)!

It was FANTASTIC to meet you after conversing and laughing with you over the past 2 years. Thanks for taking the time to come out (and thanks to Mrs. WIG for letting you come out to play).

Hope your bruises heal up quickly; tread carefully...!

It was such a great day for my family. Thanks for being part of it! Hope we meet again soon.

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Mike the 'Tender
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Mike the 'Tender »

Damn, looks like I missed quite the howler! (pun intended)

Wolfe, had I not had to get my wisdom teeth pulled, I would've been there!
Pints
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Pints »

Thanks for the pictures WIG, great report on a great day, glad to have met more FH'ers and those I have met before. My grandson (who caught his first pike ever) and I had a great time. Looking forward to more gatherings. Thanks to everyone who was there and contributed to a fun time for all.
Last edited by Pints on Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Icemanstan
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

What a day

Post by Icemanstan »

Well I got on they lake late at about 9:00 am meet Coyote and shark bait and Topwater and a few other that I don’t remember there names sorry I had fish on my mind lol and no bowzog . He was no were to be seen and I had no bait to fish with but my nice neighbour Coyote let me have a few to start with. As I was putting on the bait I see bowzog coming with my bait, and that put a smile on my face. My son and daughter had a blast fishing!!! I would like to say thanks to Coyote for his hospitality and excuse me if I can’t remember you name but the steaks were magnificent. It was nice meeting you Wolf and family hope you have a nice ride back and stay safe and I’ll be looking for your posts in they near future . I would like to say thanks to everyone involved at they end of the day having a derby on the final hour was terrific. My son will remember this day until the day he dies. And as for me I couldn’t ask a better group of people like you. Take care and hope the fish keep biting………. On my rod that is.

Thanks a lot

Icecool and family