Thursday Night Troutin! Bottom of page....

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Thursday Night Troutin! Bottom of page....

Post by Tip-up »

Did a little Monday mornig trouting today :lol:

I arrived to my spot and started casting a small panther martin spinner in the pools..Almost right away I had a small speckle hooked up on my line trying to flee downstrem..

No more specs were caught today, but the bows kept me busy :-/ I should be back tonight with my father.....All of the trout kept today will be eaten soon...I can see my grandmothers mouth watering :lol: ...

Joco, Let me know how ya did at lunch today!

Enjoy!

-Andrew
Last edited by Tip-up on Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Just got back from fishing with the dad....The mepps slayed them again ;D

My fatheer missed a really nice bow(About 4-5 lbs..) that flipped off near shore :-[ Also got a few shot of a female duck and her young....Very cute :-*

Can't be too long, theres fish on the pan :P
Last edited by Tip-up on Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Lennox
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike Lennox »

wow, you really slaughtered them. I have a little ruisseau skunk going on. 2 times there and no fish :oops:

Fished champlain for a bit 3 rockies :twisted: , and a smallie lost beside me then biked to the ruisseau. Was there for about an hour without a bite, saw 3 caught all a lot smaller than the ones you caught. I was fishing around the theatre...is that where you were?

Good work, nice brookie too. If you see me there give me a wave.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Het YF

Yes, the theatre is where I have caught all the fish..You should give her a go at night time.....It's amazing how many fish will rise infront of you :!: Let me know if ya wanna hook up for a fish or three? :lol:

We caught way more than our limit in an hours work of fishing...A little tip, fast retreive seems to be the best technique :wink:
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

hi tip up........

great report bud......... :P

thats great that you guy were able to get some trout,way to go,,,,,,, :P

I went to try th creek for about 30min at lunch time,,,,,,,,wite last year secret bait.......................nothing...

but i meeth P.O. over there today.it was very nice to finaly meeth you P.O..............we did have a little chat,,but i had to go work,,, :? :x ...so we could not talk any longer..............next time bud...... :wink: ....

the little panther is the lure i saw this weekend that caught the most fish.........and i did have some succees wit one last year to...... :P

keep the great report tip up.........

see you soon.........

joco.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Hey Joco

Will you be going out at luch today? I should be there tommorow and thursday...Did you get my PM??
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

no i wont go this lunch or tonight....................mabe tomorow,,,,,,,,

hope i will be hiting the creek soon..........

joco
P-O
Participant
Participant

Post by P-O »

SKUNKED!!!!!!!

THats all I have to say ! :( :( Try my luck at lunch time and met Joco, he didn't have much luck either... I started with a hares ear nymph (or something like that) in greyish colors, go one bite but didn't hook it... Then got over confident in thoses trees and ended up hoking up into a nice solid branch, so I lost the fly and then no more bites. YFF can tell you what it was, it looked to be made of grey cat hair :lol: :lol: (He made it for me, by the way he's an incredible tyer!! :wink: ). Hit the ruisseau after school around 9h30, but then again no luck.

Man tip-up, you've got skills!!! I think I might bring a spinning rod in the trunk of my car next time I go :oops: I might go this afternoon.

By the way, I fished with another fly fisherman near the theater for maybe 30min., didn't ask his name but he said he was working for the governement on the other side of the street. He did seem young. Is he(or are you :roll: ) a F-H member??? Anyone know him?

So ya nice seeing you Joco and hope to see ya again and other F-H members.

P-O
adam h
Participant
Participant

Post by adam h »

can i get directions to this place?
adam h
Participant
Participant

Post by adam h »

can i get directions to this place?
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

It's in Hull :wink:
Mike Lennox
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike Lennox »

Yeah, im not sure why but flyfisheman seem to have a tougher time there. I think its because theyre deep in the daytime. I'll probably be heading there wensday evening for some dry-fly action.
P-O
Participant
Participant

Post by P-O »

Yo,

To adam H.

Just go on mapquest and type 1 wellington street in gatineau... For parking depends on the time of the day you go, just make sure you read the signs. Don't forget you need a valid Quebec fishing liscence.

P-O
P-O
Participant
Participant

Post by P-O »

Hey,

was there yesterday and only caught one... :? I missed a few cuzz of my heavy action rod. Next time I'll use a lighter rod. Well it sure felt weird to use the spinning gear again. Think I might have seen tip-up. He was with his crew so I didn't want to mess with him. Didn't want to get in trouble with thoses little punks :wink: . Anyways, if this was him, he was having great success. Pulling out a trout every couple minutes!!!

P-O
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

What a beauty night to be on the water :D

Went over to the Quebec side again tonight looking to get into some trout for lunch tommorow....Mepps tied on and the trout rising everywhere, I knew the next few hours would be success.

Mmm...
Ottawa.....

-Andrew