Hello from Houghton PWT

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Cancatchbass
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Cancatchbass »

Thanks for the info, McQ. That explains why the field is so small.

I believe the BASS Elite series has the pro weighing in a max. five fish and the am weighing in three. That way the ams are fishing directly against the other ams and not using the total boat weight. I guess there are pro's and cons to both systems.

Tom
walleyesummit
Participant
Participant

Post by walleyesummit »

The event is a "SuperPro" event. The 60 top PWT walleye anglers were ranked based on series on criteria, and qualified to fish, some very good sticks didn't make the cut. Sheldon's day 1 partner - Chase - was rookie iof the year last year and finished 2nd at the championship. He is the son of Hall of Fame angler Gary Parsons.

The PWT format is a true Pro/am, where the two work as a complete team for the day and share a total combined weight. If you are looking to learn this format is awesome because it is in the Pro's best interest to get you up to speed as quickly as possible. The am switchs partners each day and can't share any info from the previous days, the pro sets the program and you learn to fish. I fished as an AM for 2 years before tourning Pro on the MWC and learned a ton.

Congrats Sheldon! I'm glad Pooch got you set up. You got some great draws, now don't miss any with the net!
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

walleyesummit wrote:
Congrats Sheldon! I'm glad Pooch got you set up. You got some great draws, now don't miss any with the net!
Thanks Shawn...I hope that is not the jinx, :lol: but I am very handy with the net - if the fish makes in within reach. Pooch is one crazy guy and had me laughing most of the time, he is a great ambassador for pro-anglers.

It was great to be out with Chase today and come in early with a full bag and leading after the first day. Also we managed to land the Big Fish but not sure if the 7.42 will hold. Chase really needed today to bounce back after the last tournament...it was great to see the focus on him, and as a true Parsons he was great in front of the camera.

Here is Chase and I on stage during our day one leading weigh-in at 19.80Lbs.

Looking forward to day two...
-et
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

McQ wrote:What a great day Sheldon, !st is everything to smile at..

Keep it up, you've got great partners.

Bill
Thanks McQ,

I did get a pretty good draw... :wink:

-Sheldon
Sheldon Hatch
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Great partners for sure :) Nice bag of fish to take lead :P
Scum Frog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scum Frog »

Keep up the good work Sheldon!
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Congrats on the first day Sheldon.!!
dana
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by dana »

Yes ...the PWT uses a system that makes the "pro"
do all he can to get the A.M. to catch fish....because they really are a "team"
and you don't get back boated like in pro BASS tournaments.

great settup

Looks like tough bite!!

these walleye guys Rock..

WTG Sheldon

df
Bennetts
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Exception Performance

Post by Bennetts »

Hey Sheldon,

Great news on the 1st Day keep up the Great Work.

Bennetts
McQ
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by McQ »

A little slip today but Todd appears to be on fish now.

Good luck tomorrow.
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Day 2

Post by eye-tracker »

Day 2...
Wow, what a tough day...Dave Randash did everything he could to get me onto fish to hold the lead on the Armature side. We covered all his spots that produced fish during practice and yesterday. We caught a couple of short fish in the morning and lost one nice fish that buried an in-line board, but came un-pinned before we got the board off the line. By 1:30 we had no fish in the live-well and Dave was working real hard to figure out how to get us onto fish. At 3:30 we took a gamble and it paid off with a single fish that weighed 4.95 lbs. At the end of the day I am in 8th so if I can get a good bag with Todd Frank tomorrow I should finish well.

-Sheldon

Last edited by eye-tracker on Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sheldon Hatch
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

That's walleye fishin' .....You guys fished hard and landed a few fish ! A 4lbs is not too bad at all :P

WTG Sheldon! Thnks for the update...
Rex Mundi
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rex Mundi »

ET, congratulations on a solid 8th place finish.

Great work.
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

Day 3... Well I headed out this morning in 8th place on the Armature side. My pro partner for the day was Todd Frank, a charter captain from Lake Ontario - straight across from Bay of Quinte. Todd is a master of open water walleye trolling and loves to troll. I jumped in his boat in the morning and he explained we will be live-bait rigging crawlers for the day along weed-lines. So I knew it was going to be a long day holding two rods, one in each hand and waiting for the six to eight bites he predicted for the day. We fished all day and I got 4 bites, I landed three of the fish, Todd did not manage a single bite for day.
Todd Frank and I rigging a weed-line

It was a very tough day on the water with many of the boats zeroing out, we where lucky to have a weight of 6.41lbs for 3 fish as very few big weights came up on stage. To end it all I completed the PWT tourney in 8th place. My goal going in was a top 10 finish, but I knew it was going to be a tough fish after talking with many of the Pro about the bite during practice.

Well now it is time for the 20+ hour drive home and I am looking forward to fishing in my local lakes and rivers.

-Sheldon
Sheldon Hatch
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Awesome reports Eye-tracker :)

I signed on tonight waiting for the day 3 update :D Your goal was to be in the top ten and you did it :P ...on top of the tough fishing!

WTG!

Chase Parsons on Day 2
http://walleye.outdoorsfirst.com/play_f ... p?clip=521