West arm report

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

Lunker Larry wrote:Hey Matt (or is it Frank??)
Tough fishing for all of us. I guess Ross and I didn't miss anything by leaving Sunday morning. We were tempted for one last fish but wanted to get home early. Ref the muskies jumping around the boat. We saw the same thing Sat morning on a rock shoal in Warren Bay. At least a dozen small to mid 30 inch muskie were feeding all around us yet we couldn't get them interested in anything we threw. Tough fishing this weekend due to the front but the area sure has the potential. Way different from what we fish around here.
For those who hadn't heard, Matt had two brand new reels give up the ghost that weekend but was lucky enough to win a brand new Abu 6600 at the prize table. At least the muskie gods were kind in that regard.
Have you got the sphincter cramps out yet from trying to keep your butt in that overly comfortable boat seat (being fascicious (sp?) here) from rocketing through the narrows in the fog??(canoers beware!!!!)
Is that Lunker(banana)Larry???

yeah the reel was nice after the other two craping on me :lol:

I'll have nightmares over that seat for years to come :shock: .But I think I'm almost back to normal :lol:
1MoreCast
Participant
Participant

Post by 1MoreCast »

Putting in that much time is a lot with no fish landed. Oh you must have been musky fishing. We went out Saturday morning, also fishless. Had two come right to the back of the boat, but no bites. :?
Deckard
Participant
Participant

Post by Deckard »

Roundtrip gas to pull the boat and fill it up: $400 :shock:

Three nights accomodation and breakfast: $XXX :evil:

Watching Frank hold on whilst Gordon "slalomed" through the channel at 50+ mph: Priceless

Can't wait for the next "Road Trip" :wink:

Deck
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

Deckard wrote:Roundtrip gas to pull the boat and fill it up: $400 :shock:

Watching Frank hold on whilst Gordon "slalomed" through the channel at 50+ mph: Priceless

Deck
Classic .....lot's of fun and laughs :lol: :wink:
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

Skunkymatt wrote:
Deckard wrote:Roundtrip gas to pull the boat and fill it up: $400 :shock:

Deck
Classic .....lot's of fun and laughs :lol: :wink:
No need to hold on we never came close to anything. :oops: Well too close that is.

Sure was a blast.
Catch and release them all
Richard Collin
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

Too bad about the week-end boys.

Pls keep contents related to personal grudges off FHN.
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"
Boosterman
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

hello

Post by Boosterman »

If you guys are to drive up from down south to go fish west nip I don't get it. I grew up in the area and yes have done good at certain times of the year on west nip. In my opinion the lake is not even worth me making the effort to make the left turn out of my driveway to head there. There are hundreds of lakes in the area better than that. You guys could of went to trout lake and done better. Try looking in the restoule area also which is part of the same waterways. Just my two cents.
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

It was the first annual Sudbury Chapter of MCI's outing.

Marc did a great job for his chapter.Fishing was tough but there is always next year :D :wink: