Help with new lure design

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Help with new lure design

Post by Mr.J. »

I need help

Not with the how to but I need access to a testing ground......RE indoor pool.

Background

I have taken the lures I have had the most success with and merged them all together to make the best all around lure IMHO that I can see myself fishing with on a consistant basis (anyone who has fished with me will tell you I throw one style of lure all day with the only change being colors) because I fish with lures I have confidence in and I think I may have found my personal favorite in my new lure design.

Reason for this post

I actualy have taken this new lure design fishing but because of over cast conditions and water clarity I have no clear idea of how they really run and/or how deep they run.

It's been mind blowing for me how many design issues I have run into but eventualy I always seem to come up with a solution.

MyButt has offered to help me out with one design aspect but I need to wait to go further with this.

Why?

I have invested around $500 in this new lure design (band saw, router and router table, sanding disk table and lure components) and simply cannot continue to invest in this design until I know how it works in the water.

So I am reachng out to the great people of fish-hawk. I need access to a pool. There's simply no better way to test a new lure design. I need to see how it tracks and how deep it runs. I have 6 variations to try so a 1/2 hour should be sufficient.

Please, can anyone offer up an indoor pool that I can water test my new lure design in? In return I will provide you with 2 completed new lures when my testing is complete and proven.

Thanks in advance.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

hey

i dont have a pool........sorry bud.

thow thumbs up to you................. :P :wink: for the realy hard work on your lures,,,,,,your very comited on those.

you sher those work hard on those lures.......you will be reward some day wit a monster bud.........you will get it... :wink:

keep the good work......

mabe we will see your patern in some big store or on tv....... :P

joco
Muskie4L
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskie4L »

Just sneek into a local public pool :lol:

you could prolly get a few casts in before they get ya :!:

Good luck J :!:
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Mr.J. »

I was thinking someone who lives in a appartment with a pool would be ideal.

I only need a few retrieves with each configeration to know for sure.

Rider

You and I fished about 6 hours one day, so you are one of the few that knows I fish almost exclusivley with one lure, now think, I bet you can now have an idea of my lure design, and if your memory is good you'll remember we discussed this design too. :wink:

Joco

I know you also play with lure designs so I know you can appreciate this adventure.

Catchng a fish on a lure you have made yourself definitly has to be one of the most rewarding fishing expereinces anyone can ever have. Having a local Ma and Pa tackle store carry them is the second most rewarding.
Viper
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Viper »

Hi Mr.J

Just a suggestion but you could possibily rent time at one of the Ottawa indoor pools. Or maybe at a local hotel

I understand that you want to keep costs down but renting might be an option for you.

Good luck with your research and development.

Let us know how it goes.
Muskie4L
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskie4L »

I remember J and I know it will be a great lure. I can even see one getting lost in my Boat :D :D
Scumking
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scumking »

Hey J i'd love to help you out but my indoor pool in Palm Springs is being serviced right now :lol: :roll:. Could you not try it off shore somewhere while the weather is still not that bad. :D .

Or did you promise Kim you would take her to a nice heated indoor pool and then start testing lures :lol: :twisted: .

Scumking
matcole
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by matcole »

we stayed at the crown plaza a couple of weeks ago, and the pool was dead for a late night swim,
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Mr.J. »

Ron

yes I can take them to the shore and fish them, I have already twice, which tels me they work but I cannot see how deep they run 20 or 30 feet out. I can only get to see them in the last few feet which is not enough.

I know they run true but don't know how deep, that's my biggest issue right now and hence why I have 6 variations to work on the depth part of the lure.
Haybay Larry
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

new lure

Post by Haybay Larry »

MrJ,
I hope someone can help you out. I saw your design and it looks great!
Surely someone could get him access to an apartment pool for a short time????...Larry
Walker
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Walker »

Mr.J.
treat the wife to night away from the kids at a hotel just the two of you and slip down ,covertly, to the pool to test your lures. I would suggest making the wife happy first ,so as she will not mind you slipping away.
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

Mr J. I am also trying to get a lure idea on the road to production and it is definitely hard to get somewhere to test it where you can watch it. Its too bad you cant get a few minutes at the nepean sportsplex so you could watch through the underwater window in the deep end that would be perfect. Thats what I thought regarding my idea. I constantly have ideas about things and never do anything about them so now I am going to start and see if I can have some kind of reward for it. Good luck and if you do find somewhere let us know how it went. :wink:
Musky51
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Musky51 »

Mr J email me tomorrow, i ahve an idea... its where I work !
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

Mr. J,

Have you tried retrieving the lure close to or under a boat equiped with fishfinder? There is the possibility that it will show up on the display, giving you the depth information you're looking for.

Cheers,
Todd
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."