Funny warning signs

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

Wow Karma! Way to go man! I've had people I know have their licenses yanked by their doc's for becoming "tech" blind. I empathised with their frustration having to now depend on someone to get them around. Takes away a great deal of independence obviously.

I'm amazingly impressed you race being legally blind. Hell, I've been known to have to drive myself to the hospital at 2 am for stitches after splitting my head open, trying to navigate the home I've known for 20 yrs. in the dark!

You have my admiration and I applaud your courage to continue doing what you love, not letting it effect or limit you.

You'll understand of course if I turn down a lift though won't you? :lol: :wink:
Coyote
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Coyote »

A lady was trying to fix a photocopier when the pen she was using got stuck, so she left a sticky on the photocopier saying that "Pen is stuck in photocopier" :lol: :lol:
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

:lol: Karma...I haven't even driven my own car in 2months due to health reasons. Congrats on the new addition to the family :!: Guessing you'll be hard pressed to escape fishing my friend. The only catching you'll be doing is post-natal hormonal abuse and hail mary touchdown diaper tosses. (No one draw Wolfes attention to this post, or she'll gimme a beating). :lol:

I'm usually up to a fish anytime and it's always nice to meet new folks.

I'm however handicapped myself in a sense....Yes.... :cry: I've been able to say it out loud with the help of therapy without shame...."I'm boatless." :oops:

So without my buddies, I'm stranded shore fishing, which does have it's benefits but it makes outings with a boat all the more enjoyable, when they happen.

PS. Although born and bred in The Great White North, since my marriage and divorce from my ex-wife, aka, Da Wicked Ice Queen. I've become severely more allergic to ice, snow, cold and any woman that spends more than 3 minutes examing a item worth more than $5000 for extended periods of time. :lol:
Mr. T.
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mr. T. »

Coyote wrote:"Pen is stuck in photocopier" :lol: :lol:
Put the first two words together and what is stuck in the photocopier? :twisted:
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

If there's water and fish...anywhere Karma. Unless it's an outing I usually stay within an hr. of Ottawa. Where you at? (expecting a few bucks for that shameless plug).

PS...I'm disapointed with myself and real impressed with MrT for shamefully pointing out that terrible, offensive, off colour, quick witted, clever remark b4 I could.
Haybay Larry
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

funny saying

Post by Haybay Larry »

My personal best was a sign at a pharmacy on wellington st. near Holland av. in Ottawa. The sign read- JOYNT"S DRUG STORE.
I haven't made it up this was replaced in the mid 80's
I still think of the sign every time I go by the area!...Larry
jig head
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by jig head »

Mr. T. wrote:I have a funny street corner in my area. Mulder Ave and Scully Way. So on the street sign all you see is Mulder and Scully.

Awhile back I was at DuBarry's Chinese Buffet in Vanier. There was a note on one of the doors of the bathroom stalls. I assumed that the toilet was not working but was not sure because the writing was all in Chinese ( I think).

Canada Post Office with s missing, Canada Pot Office.

Reasons for brail on the buttons at the ATM drive through. Standardization of the tellers. If it's all the same then the parts can be mass produced making it cheaper for the banks to repair or replace. Maybe the blind person is in the back seat.

Mr T. I live on scully :lol: , its pretty funny
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

LARRY!!!!! That's always been one of my fav's...and the evil side of me always wanted to go in and ask about a "specific prescription."

I've since been reformed and have fully embraced Satan and refuse to commit evil acts in any half-@ssed way.

Ah..Joynt's....memory lane is sweet. :D
Coyote
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Coyote »

Exactly Mr.T :lol:
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

JOYNT's Drug store. Now that is one that bring back good memories, we used to pass in front of there 3-4 nights a week when I was in College. It was on the bus route to my drinking holes downtown.

Thanks Larry
Good memories or wild Flashbacks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

Good Lord Dan, please don't tell me I'm almost as old as you!!! :shock:

I could have sworn, while surfing the site I saw the sign....

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.

I may be mistaken due to meds, although I could swear I've seen glimpses of some as of late.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Well KPin I i used to see tha Joynt's sign on the bus in my college years (1980-1981) You do the math!!!!!!!