ice fishing in Perth, Ontario

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
lenb12
Participant
Participant

ice fishing in Perth, Ontario

Post by lenb12 »

Hi Everyone :

During the summer and fall months, I fish in Christie and Bennett Lakes near Perth, Ontario. I practice catch and release. The real challenge for me is trying to catch walleye. I pay for access to these lakes in summer.

If the ice gets thick enough to be safe, I will be attempting to ice fish near Perth. I have a truck(but not a 4x4) and a sled to hold my ice fishing gear. The access points that I pay for in summer are not good access points for ice fishing.

I want to be able to obtain access to Christie, Bennett and Crosby lakes for ice fishing this season. Does anyone have a property which is accessible in the winter and is willing to allow me access(I will pay for access) ?

Len
getnjiggywithit
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by getnjiggywithit »

I can see you having to pay to launch a boat, but denying you access in the winter???
lenb12
Participant
Participant

Post by lenb12 »

Hi :

I'm not being denied access in the winter. These summer launch points are either in fast moving water (which does not freeze in the winter) or are too far away from good ice fishing points....

Len
Crusty
Participant
Participant

Post by Crusty »

I'd hit upper rideau

There is a 4 wheel drive launch right beside the narrows locks

If you do check it out give me a report on ice thickness
lenb12
Participant
Participant

Post by lenb12 »

Thanks very much - I might hit the upper rideau(and I will give you a report if I go there), but I am interested in walleye mainly,so that's why I'm trying to get access into Crosby, Christie or Bennett...

Len