"Quinte", ....went fer a look see with some friend

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
skooter
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

"Quinte", ....went fer a look see with some friend

Post by skooter »

:)

It's 1:30 in the morning, and I'm just about to climb in the shower, .....when I hear this small rumble off in the distance, .......Didn't think nothing of it, .......and shower'd away, ..... :)

I'd just turned on the coffee after finishing, ......and when I heard it this time, ....the rumble had grown up a bit, .....quite a bit..... :shock:
The pounding on the roof a short time later had me scurrying to the computer to check the weather, .......(so much for our "beautiful" long weekend, ........ :evil: )
No messages on the board, ....or my cell, .....I guess Quinte is a go, .....I hope these guys know something I don't....... :roll:

It takes exactly 3 hrs. ....just about to the minute, ....from the pioneer gas bar by my place, ....to the Picton ferry, .....barring traffic jams of course, ...and any encounters with wayward constables...... :lol:

I was first, ......and last in line at 5:30 to make the crossing, ......While I was waiting, ....I decided to "cell" up Jale, ...just to make sure I wasn't heading over to an empty launch, :? ......they were about 10 minutes away..... :wink:

After crossing on my "personal" ferry, ....I hooked up with the rest of the crew, .....consisting of of Jale, Rob, and Scuba Steve(formerly Zort10). :D

It was of course still dark when we launched, ....there was a fairly brisk breeze, .....but the reach was flat as a pancake when we headed out...... 8)

We started setting up, ....and by the time we were done, .....it was kinda light, .....and Quinte was back to normal......

Now that's the Quinte I "remember", ....and "love", :? ......Well, ...."remember" anyways...... :lol:

We planned to troll up through the gap, ...but after taking countless waves over the bow, ....we were starting to rethink the situation...... :(

Regardless, ....we carried on, .....and by the time we got to the gap, ....the conditions had improved considerably....

Unfortunately, ...the fishing hadn't, .....there is no bait in the reach, ....save for two or three small balls that we marked up by the entrance, ....and we really didn't mark much in the gap either on the way through .... :?

Everyone was still chompin' at the bit anyways, ....waiting for that first hit......
:lol:

Things were slow to say the least, .... :(

But at least we avoided the skunk with this puppy.... :D

That new ride of Jale's is sweet and well laid out, :wink: ....and has a little bit of punch as well, ....after pulling lines, ...she had us back to the ramp in record time....... :D

All in all it was a great, ...albeit, ...long day....... 8)

It was my first meeting with Scuba Steve, ...and though I've known and partied with Joe & Rob for a long while now, ...this is the first time we actually been fishing together, ....I wasn't disappointed, ....there wasn't a dull moment the whole trip.... :lol: :wink:

Just some pics to finish things up.....

Hiney shot of Joe's new ride, .....and of Joe I guess as well......

Group parting shot

My "trucks" first ferry ride, .........
Hey, ...I could tell he felt left out, ....and ya gotta look after who got ya here

AND finally, .....this is Scuba Steve's impression of a boat ......

(Ya had to be there to "get" this one, .....and he did, ....for the rest of the day...... :lol: )

Thanks fer the invite fella's, .....
Scuba Steve is a fun, laid back kinda guy, ....he also packs an excellent buffet, ....
you know, ......to fill those slow, ...no fish moments, ...... :roll:
(I think he went home pretty much empty on this trip..... :lol: )
Nice to meet ya bud, ...... :wink:

Give it a couple a weeks, .....and we're gonna try and abuse the kat's hind end again... :lol:

skooter..... :wink:
SCUBA_STEVE
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by SCUBA_STEVE »

wow i knew i could count on ya for those awsome pics skooter!!

yes was an awsome time on the water...was my second time on quint and boy it was a rough one if we didnt hold on we where overboard for sure!

the fish was not there but with these guys there is never a dull moment in the boat! :D
i can go on and on but think scooter said it all :D was a long drive and fish but always worth the trip!

just want to thank jale for the great offer and a great captain of the boat this guy knows his stuff :D always a pleasure!

hoff well lets see just an all around great guy iv been buddies with him for a few years now and couldnt ask for a better friend! see this board let me meet alot of nice guys that i can call friends to this day!thxs fish-hawk!

skooter fiannaly i get to meet this man,read all his awsome stories and yes he makes them enjoyable to read :D just a pleasure to fiannaly meet you skooter had a blast with ya,hopefully we can get out again !

scuba_steve aka zort10
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

Cool report! :) ..........slow out there, eh?........

:lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
Erie-Eyes
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Erie-Eyes »

An excellent report as always Skooter, and thanks for the update. Sorry to hear you were not successful in locating fish, maybe its been just too warm recently. Hopefully the change to more normal weather temperatures will help to improve fishing by early next week when I have my first trip of the Fall to BOQ scheduled. Will advise our results in due course.
taylor
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by taylor »

Thanks for the update skooter and Scuba.

I'm really looking forward to heading down to the bay. We're just waiting for someone to let us know the bite is on and we'll be there with you.

Keep the reports coming.
HitmanHill
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HitmanHill »

Nice report there guys, it is always a great day to get out on the water and when you can spend the day with friends the fish caught are just a bonus. Now that the weather is turning more autumn-like I am sure those eyes will be coming in to greet us. Oct 26 can't come fast enough when our group takes the trip to the Bof Q. Will write back and let everyone know how we did.
Jale
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jale »

Steve..it was my pleasure having ya with me again...we'll do it again....green boat :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe
Jale
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jale »

taylor wrote: We're just waiting for someone to let us know the bite is on and we'll be there with you.

Keep the reports coming.
Taylor.......It is exactly comments like these that keep me from sharing my info........perhaps you should head down and let us know how you do :roll: :roll: :roll:
SCUBA_STEVE
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by SCUBA_STEVE »

green boat :shock: :D :D :D

guess i will never live that one down eh!! :shock: :?

scuba_steve aka zort10
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Skoot, my bro,

It was fun to read one of your reports again, even if it was an almost fish-less one. 8) Missed ya lately, but good to hear from you in your last catch-up.

Those first few shots had me humming the Edmund Fitzgerald. Glad the weather turned around, even if the fishing didn't.

Look'g forward to some more good reads from you in the near future (that's near, ya hear?)... :wink:

W.
SCUBA_STEVE
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by SCUBA_STEVE »

ok my buddy didnt say a word???

where are you bro?

dont be shy!

i am feeling not loved any more :D :D

steve
Jale
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jale »

green boat..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

See ya soon
Joe
Rob
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rob »

Ya Gord, it was slow :lol: Don't make me post that pick of you in the truck while heading up to the RB Salmon Slammin event :twisted: :lol: See ya soon bud.
Great to finally get out with you Skoot's :D . That Joe guy has got one sick sense of humor, but a blast to fish with :lol: . Always good to get out with you Steve, and as for that green boat comment, " No" your never going to be able to forget that one :lol: Did you know there's Red ones to :P :lol: . Just kidding dude, let's do it again soon :wink:
I with you on your comment about sharing info. Joe. It's fine to help others out, but if there not willing to do any of the leg work then why do it for them :roll: . If it wasn't for comment's like that, I would participate on this site more often.
Rob
getnjiggywithit
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by getnjiggywithit »

Thanks for the report scooter
Jale & HOF took the words out of mouth.... sad but true... I don't post reports for the same reasons...
SCUBA_STEVE
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by SCUBA_STEVE »

i knew my buddy would say something :D :D

now to get out again and catch something would be a bonus!!!

i promise no more green and red boats

steve :? :oops: