YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Bruin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Bruin »

I finally bought a vex.....happiest camper around :D :D :D :D :D
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Another changed icefisherman!!! You won't regret it.
katch moore
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by katch moore »

the only thing you'll regret is not buying it at the beginning of the ice fishing season.

you'll never leave home without it!!

matt
Leechman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Leechman »

This is a must for any kind of fishing. Tried one this winter and I'm hooked. :shock: Must save my money to buy one next hard water season. :D

Fish Finder
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

vex???

Post by Chevy Champagne »

wat the hell is a vex :evil: :twisted:
Leechman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: vex???

Post by Leechman »

walleye man wrote:wat the hell is a vex :evil: :twisted:
A vex is a portable sonar that enables a fisherman to see the depth he's fishing in and fish. See pic below:

Prairieboy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Prairieboy »

I have a Marcum LX5 and use it at every hole. the Vex and Marcum are simple to use and let you know if there is any action down there before you feel the bite.

It means you can cover more ground and fish a hole for five minutes and then move on if you do not see fish.

The Vexilar site has numerous videos and Marcum videos are on www.fishfever.com.

Check out these websites:

Vexilar Flashers: http://www.vexilar.com/

Marcum Flashers: http://www.marcumtech.com/

Marcum Videos: www.fishfever.com

Prairieboy
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Chevy Champagne »

now that is coolvwouldnt mind geting myself one of thouse :D :D :P
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Enjoy your new toy! I think Vex's are so cool and fun to use. If I ice-fished more than the typical once or twice a season, I'd get one :roll: . I think it was a great move on your part. Best of luck with it.

W.
Bruin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

tried her out

Post by Bruin »

If anyone cares...I tried her out and what a gem for sure....
I know I will not be leaving home without it...and I had a general idea of what I was doing with it within 5 mins.....

The operational instructions are eay to follow and bang on....

Gotta go....vex is charged!
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

I baught the Marcum LX3 TC this winter season and I cant go fishing with out it :) . Its like going hunting with out a gun.
TheEllement
Participant
Participant

Post by TheEllement »

I'm sure this has been talked about already and if so can someone post a link to the thread, but what is the big advantage of a Vex over a standard fishfinder? I have only heard good things about the Vex.
TheEllement
Participant
Participant

Post by TheEllement »

I'm sure this has been talked about already and if so can someone post a link to the thread, but what is the big advantage of a Vex over a standard fishfinder? I have only heard good things about the Vex.
Pug
Participant
Participant

Post by Pug »

Ok I have seen a few different models of Vexilar and I think they are amasing, I want one
they make fishing thru ice soooo much better
I think it is a lot of money to buy one , that is holding me back because I dont ice fish that much
however I am going to but a FishTV...good year round and cheaper

just wondering if there is much difference between marcumtech and vexelar, moneywise, qualitywise, sensitivty, accruracy , power consumtion etc
I know they are ment to do the same job

what to pick?
Prairieboy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Prairieboy »

Tough decision.....

I personally researched this to death but came up with one piece of advice for anyone thinking of getting a flasher. Watch the videos online, buy one, use one and you will not regret it.

If you are going to compare, you have to look at similar models of each manufacturer. Apples-to-Apples. If you are looking at a top of the line Vexilar FL-20 then compare it to a Marcum LX5. Each manufacturer offers something in a budget from $275 and up.

When I looked at the Vexilar FL-18 vs the Marcum LX5, I made a tough decision based on three minor extras that Marcum offered; adjustable zoom, standard dual beam transducer and battery that does not have to be disconnected to recharge…just plug it in. The Vexilar FL-20 is their Big Daddy and does have the dual beam option and a bigger viewing area but you’re looking at about $100 more.

I got my Marcum LX5 locally from Ed at Paddletales mostly because of the no worry service he offered, he matched the best price on the market which I got from Riverside, and he had it in stock the day I wanted it.

If you ask around there are a lot of Vexilars out in service and I have hardly heard a complaint from any of their users. Marcum is starting to hit the scene and based on what they offer for the price they might have a slight edge on Vexilar.

My 2 cents.

Prairieboy