Constance Lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
digitalchef
Participant
Participant

Constance Lake

Post by digitalchef »

Made it up to Constance Lake this evening for a 7pm - about 9:30pm bass attack!

Had the pleasure of meeting JasonB and his gf for this canoe run.

It was quite windy when we first got out on the water...I thought...frig...were in for an evening of fast drifts (no anchor yet), but by about 8:30ish the wind completely died....glass surface.

The bite was fairly slow for the first hour & half...a few smallish pike and a huge perch.
By 8:30, the bass were starting to really bite...I cought and released around 5-6 with JasonB releasing more than were coming home. 2 small pike taken home to the mother in-law also.

One crappie cought....a really nice eater...if only another half dozen were cought!

Overall an excellent evening out.....the only people on the lake....loons...mosquitoes.....black flies.......EXCELLENT!
FishingIsHealing
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by FishingIsHealing »

Thanks for the Report........

So you can eat things out of there? I've never been there so I don't know what it's like. Isn't it just a tiny lake? I should check it out sometime, it seems good, everyone has mentioned it at least once...

Brought home 2 pike yuck! :P Just kidding.....Pike can be good if it's cooked well......I prefer Perch....Monster Perch mmm......Beer Batter...

Take Care!!!

===Tom===

:D
Jasonb
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jasonb »

Wat a fantastic night... thanks alot man for inviting me out was a blast... Annie even had a good time too.... she was a lil nervous about the canoe but she warmed upto the idea once she realized we weren't there to throw her in.... lmao.... fish for dinner tonite... another outting is gonna be comming up soon... definatly... lol... anyways all of us had a great nite, and if you're up for a bite of some bass drop by tonite, Annie should have then all fillet'd by the time i get home, cleaned last nite, but it was late... lol... my thumb hasn't been cut up like this from bass action in YEARS.... FANTASTIC!!!!! can't wait for the next trip...

JaY
weekend warrior
Participant
Participant

Post by weekend warrior »

FishingIsHealing wrote:.....Pike can be good if it's cooked well.......
Smoked Pike ... yummmmm. Used to get it from some old-timers waaayyy up north. Delish!
digitalchef
Participant
Participant

Post by digitalchef »

I couldnt see the scratches through the guck on my hands, but my left thumb is actually bass abused!!

Another friend of mine tells me he was there in early in the morning b4 us and he said the bass were killing everything moving untill the wind picked up.

Anyone else have a bumper day yesterday?
digitalchef
Participant
Participant

Post by digitalchef »

Brought home 2 pike yuck! :P Just kidding.....Pike can be good if it's cooked well
I find the smaller pike much better to eat. My method is a simple gutting, no fillets or scaling involved, a quick cold wash and then rub the skin with kosher salt, then rinse. Wrap in parchment paper with some white wine, lemon slices & lots of dill. Then put in the oven @ 400 for 35-45 min.
Thats for a pike about 3 lbs.

Open , peel off the skin, and go at it with a fork :)