Shore Pickeral

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
kanata
Participant
Participant

Post by kanata »

Just let you know, I DON'T agree what you said (except it was a baby Muskie). Here is not the right place to argue. If you want continue, send me an e-mail and we can talk about that privately. Let's stop here, please.
BASSSTALKER wrote:Hey Kanata,

If that was you, you obviously never weighed a fish in your life and obviously have no perception. I have caught a many of pike that size and smaller and all were 8-12 lbs. The only thing I agree with is that yes it was a baby. If you were going to release it you would'nt have taken it out of the water and you would have been holding it properly and would have known how to release it properly.
fishin-gal
Participant
Participant

Shore Fishing

Post by fishin-gal »

Thanks for the welcome Big-O, I'm heading out later on today for a very hopefull evening catch!!! Who knows, maybe another Walley. Fishingal gone fishin :!: :D
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Shore Fishing for Pickeral and other cagey fish

Post by Seaweed »

Don't overlook what I like to term the "Crown Jewel" of shore fishing spots here around Ottawa, Black Rapids. This spot holds tons of good fish and you never know what you are going to hook into.

I have caught monster muskie, good walleye, tons of smallies and every now and then a big ole carp.

You will work hard to find better spot than this for a great days fishing.
fishin-gal
Participant
Participant

Post by fishin-gal »

I've heard alot about Black Rapids. As a matter of fact I used to just stop there and take a stroll or lay in the sun. Never tried the fishing there. Now that you tell me about your luck there I'll have to try it for sure Seaweed. Thanks for the tip! {Is it true they are charging for parking now??} :?:
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Fishingal -

I, like CCB, was wondering if it was Fishing Al or Fishin Gal !! To tell you the truth, I assumed you were a fella, as we females are a minority on FH.Net. We are growing in numbers, however! :wink:

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get into fishing? It's always interesting to hear how women get started in the sport. I started with my Dad and brother as a wee little one and enjoy it still as I sit here on the waning side of my 30's.

Looking forward to future exchanges... :D

W.
(Another X chromosome angler)
kanata
Participant
Participant

Post by kanata »

Yes you have to pay for parking before 8:00pm in black rapids now. Up to $4 a day.
fishingal wrote:I've heard alot about Black Rapids. As a matter of fact I used to just stop there and take a stroll or lay in the sun. Never tried the fishing there. Now that you tell me about your luck there I'll have to try it for sure Seaweed. Thanks for the tip! {Is it true they are charging for parking now??} :?:
scttsmpsn
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by scttsmpsn »

I tried black rapids twice; only perch. I was at the lock fishing the rapids and still water near dock.

Where in Richmond can you get the Jock?
Lures?
Cheers,

Scott
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

Right off of Eagleson. Pass the intersection were the gas bar is and cross the bridge (the Jock) and park there.
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

Don't forget about the mill in Manotick. Was there on Mon. Landed 8 Pickrel between my bro and I. Had a monster on but lost here. There is also decent pike and a few huge Muskie there to. I"m heading there tonite around 9 to try my luck again.
Walker
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Walker »

Hey Basstalker,
Is that above or below the dam/Mill.
Saskette
Participant
Participant

Post by Saskette »

Hey Fishingal and Wolfe!

I read lots but post very little. Ok, so I'll admit, this is my first post. :? It's good to see I'm not the only Gal around here.

I got into fishing because my grandfather and I would go trout fishing in Nova Scotia when I was young. Didn't catch much at all but I still enjoyed it. When I met my husband "Saskie" it worked out perfect that he loves fishing. I gained a greater love of fishing after our first trip to Saskatchewan and actually catching fish...lots of fish. Not like in Nova Scotia. :D
Pink Lady
Participant
Participant

Post by Pink Lady »

Welcome to the board Saskette! I'm from NS too. I grew up in a fishing community, Merigomish, it's close to Antigonish.

I don't post much either, but I'm always reading. I'm so pleased to see a few more girls starting the post. I've learned a lot more about angling since we moved to Ontario and a lot of my new found knowledge came from reading this site.

I'm looking forward to reading some of your reports. I'm hoping to get on the water this weekend.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Saskette,

Good for you to step forward & introduce yourself in your 1st post. :D Welcome to the board, and as PinkLady said, it's an informative site and also lots of fun. Don't be shy about questions or comments.

Better get ready boys, the ladies are steppin' it up! :wink:

W.
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Saskette wrote:Hey Fishingal and Wolfe!

I read lots but post very little. Ok, so I'll admit, this is my first post. :? It's good to see I'm not the only Gal around here.

I got into fishing because my grandfather and I would go trout fishing in Nova Scotia when I was young. Didn't catch much at all but I still enjoyed it. When I met my husband "Saskie" it worked out perfect that he loves fishing. I gained a greater love of fishing after our first trip to Saskatchewan and actually catching fish...lots of fish. Not like in Nova Scotia. :D
Hey saskette, welcome aboard, I'm hoping to get out shortly with your husband for some Walleye. Being a Buckham's Bay area lad myself.

Hopefully water levels will recede shortly :!:

Good to have you aboard :!:

Post by Guest »

welcome everyone! glad to see ladies getting into the great sport of fishing.Blacks rapids is a good spot. I hooked and lost a huge walleye there a few weeks back on a husky jerk. lots of great shore spots in and around Ottawa. We truley are spoiled