Brockville to Rockport

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
jwilly
Participant
Participant

Brockville to Rockport

Post by jwilly »

Hey guys, I just moved out this way and am staying in Brockville while attending school. Any pointers on the St.Lawrence between here and Rockport? I usually target bass once its open but would love to try trolling for some pike. Am I reading the regs right that the St.Lawrence is part of zone 20? Thanks in advance for any helpful tips! :D
HereMyGo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HereMyGo »

Yes you are correct, the Ontario portion of the St. Lawrence falls under zone 20.

Pike - May 2nd
Bass - June 27th
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

There are many "good spots" for sure... I lived just outside of brockville right near butternut bay, grew up there... fished there...

white-big-o = smb

pike were always on the gold & silver williams wobbler... always... and big too... however, that was PRE-zebra mussels... the weed-lines have all moved, i still catch the odd fish, but nothing like i used to find...

Check out the islands infront of Jones's creek... It's between Browns bay Provincial Park and ButterNut Bay... Loads of "obvious" weed spots there that always held fish.... you can get a boat up the creek, or fish from shore there, and i've also caught pike there... but smaller ones only 3-5lbs max, mostly <3lbs...

Enjoy.... post some photos of how you did.
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

CLICK HERE

That is the mouth of Jones Creek....
jcorrigan
Participant
Participant

Post by jcorrigan »

Get yourself a float-tube and make a weekly trip to Gananoque...I'm usually out every weekend in the mornings tubing up the Gan River looking for the trophy LMB...
jwilly
Participant
Participant

Post by jwilly »

Thanks very much gentlemen. Info stored and I look forward to the upcoming season(s). Good luck, and thanks again to all.
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

I plan to launch out of Rockport this year. I normally fish the St. Lawrence out of Cardinal, but I would like to explore the Rockport area for LMB.
Looking at my charts of the area, I would think there are some spots that may hold some 'eyes too.

DropShot'r