Warning - Buckhams Bay Boat Launch

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

hi flipper.

sad to see your boat get damage.

true that dock sher look way to high.

prob will happen all over nobody falt if the water is slow..if it would have been like past years and you would have got 4 feet more water id it would not have happen.

this will happen in almost all boat lunch i this coming season sadly..

and powers a motor to get on a trailer is mabe a nice way to do but mabe not the best way..few guy got there motor or prop damaga by doing this by trusting your motor you can get mabe a foot or 2 lower then if it ad not been done.

even if its done all the time by many those not meen its ok to do so.

if the own off a boat dont do the proper thing to get the boat safely on the trailer...its in is own risk right...it happen to me a few time in even smaler boat to make a try out and power the boat over the trailer and hit the bottom..and i will take responsibily it was my falt plain and simple..to save a few feet or mabe wet shoe i try..NOT the proper way to go on the trailer...and hit the bottom.my falt..so people have to take responsibility .

but mabe something can be done to save a few lower unit.

would like to no how deap is the rock right now frome the top off the water level.?

and if somebody just go slowly on a trailer like supose to is he gone to hit those rocks.?

the prob is low water level.

and the rock are there to make sher a traler dont go off the ramp and just fall down on its frame that would not be better...

is the rock higher then the flat ciment.?if ther are inthe same angle as the ciment then well..the prob is the way the boat is been andling and sadly water level...and its just gone to get worst as the summer comes in..unles we get a load off rain wich is not better

joco...no more prob now..kayak=no boat launch.
Last edited by joco on Thu May 06, 2010 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Georges
Participant
Participant

Post by Georges »

The water is at summer level July and August
Flipper
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Flipper »

Joco,
We do a lot of kayaking too - Constance Creek is awesome for kayak fishing and wildlife scenery.
I haven't been back to the launch since Tuesday but I would estimate the rocks were 6 to 8" below surface at that time as seen in the video. The rocks come up from the flat part of the ramp by about 12" which will cause problems for anyone. It didn't look safe at that time to attempt launching.

According to http://scitech.pyr.ec.gc.ca/waterweb/fullgraph.asp the level is still going down even with the rain we had last night and this morning.

I finally received an automated reply today from the office of Gordon O'Connor, our member of parliament, acknowledging receipt of my letter. :D
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

but you did get the message out..so mabe you did save a few props and lower unit damaga this is good :wink:

and for the water level just hope for the best..but wit the weater we are having rain every other daymabe it will go up.

god luck for you and al the rest for your boats.

and flipper you should join or me join you one day for a little yak outhing

joco
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Chevy Champagne »

.....if you guys go on a yak outing around here could i join in the canoe? :D 8)
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

Georges wrote:The water is at summer level July and August
Really? I lived on the Rideau for a while and it seems way lower than what I remember.. but I can barely tell ya what I had for breakfast so that's why I asked...

:D
Flipper
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Flipper »

walleye man wrote:.....if you guys go on a yak outing around here could i join in the canoe? :D 8)
Absolutely! We all could launch at the fire lane just past TMH's place.
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Chevy Champagne »

Flipper wrote:
walleye man wrote:.....if you guys go on a yak outing around here could i join in the canoe? :D 8)
Absolutely! We all could launch at the fire lane just past TMH's place.
sounds awsome :)
maby on pike opener?