Ottawa river, parliment

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
jayg
Participant
Participant

Ottawa river, parliment

Post by jayg »

Hey guys I'm bringing my family out boating today, we want to go around the parliment area, can someone tell me where I should dock my boat, I'm assuming it's on the Quebec side just not sure where, also how far can we safely travel up the river, thanks
Pints
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Pints »

Are you boating up or looking for a place to launch as well? There is a marina with a launch on the Gatineau/Hull side (not sure where it is, you can probably google it). I think you can dock at the locks (don't quote me on that) at the base of the Chateau Laurier/Parliament Hill. You can't go much further upstream then Parliament Hill, just past Victoria Island is the dam at the Chaudiere Falls. If you are on the Rideau, you can come up through the locks and dock around the Arts Centre.
Since I'm not a boater, thats the best info I can give you. Hopefully, someone else can pipe in and give you some definite info.
Hope you have a great day.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

hull marina is a good place but expensive to park..like 15$ for a truck/trailer IF i rember right.

great place is in gatineau marina.tons off space to park and launch al free.

joco
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »